Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Long Run Experiment...Take One

So I did it….I guess when I really want to, I can focus, buckle down, and get the shit done. Although the plan did change mid run. It went from running the first 4 miles at around 11 minute miles to running the first two around 11 minute miles….the middle four at 10 min. miles or less…and the last two at 11 min. miles. And it sucked, and it was hot, and it was hard….but you could say all those same things about me :). Here are the splits. The only one I missed was the first mile…it was 12 minutes….but I was half asleep and made up for it later..



Mile 1 -  12:07
Mile 2 - 11:06
Mile 3 - 09:48
Mile 4 - 09:33
Mile 5 -  09:53
Mile 6 - 09:36
Mile 7 - 10:43
Mile 8 - 10:44


So that little experiment went ok. My average pace for the whole run was in the 10:26ish range..which is over a minute faster pre mile then my usual long run pace. I think I’ll keep my distance in the 8 mile rage for my long runs…but work on increasing the amount of time I spend in the 9:30 range until I can do the whole thing that fast….then work on upping the distance slowly. I’ve got time to tweek and plan….marathon training won’t start till the middle of winter.


In other news…my little brother has agreed to give me two months to teach him to run…and love it. I am SUPER stolked about this!!!! He needs something new, some change…something.. that he’s just not finding in his life right now. I’ve also thrown this out to my older brother..but haven’t gotten him to agree to it yet. He also needs something…..and I’m hoping. Running threw me such a lifeline that I didn’t even know I needed….and I’m getting down on my knees tonight and praying I can pass this on to both of them…because frankly….I don’t know what to do/don’t have anything else to give either of them….if that makes any sense.


So V and I start Dragon Boat practice tomorrow. This ought to be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some super splits, girlie!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails