Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Long Run and Dragon Boat

With Dragon Boat this Saturday I had to either adjust my long run day or scratch it altogether….and although I didn’t like either option…I am a creature of extreme habit after all…. I did it this morning. I decided to try running the entire 8 miles at a 10 minute mile and see how that went. I like playing with pace and different things it appears….although holding a steady pace is damn near impossible for me..I am just all over the place. Here are the splits.



Mile 1- 10:12
Mile 2- 10:02
Mile 3- 9:38
Mile 4- 9:53
Mile 5- 9:46
Mile 6- 10:07
Mile 7- 9:58
Mile 8- 9:52


Total- 8 miles


Time- 1:19:35


This is just so crazy to me. If you told me 3 weeks ago I could do this I would have laughed in your face….seriously. Now why couldn’t I have pulled that out of my ass at Lighthouse?


Anywaysss….our first race on Saturday is at like 9:30 in the morning. The lake is exactly 5 miles from my house so I’m toying with the idea of running down there just so the day isn’t a total running bust. And if I take it easy..I won’t be too tired to paddle. Three of our 20 people never even made it to a practice so we are scrambling to find a couple people to replace them that have actually been on a dragon boat before. I begged Skip this morning and he’s ‘thinking’ about it….shithead. What the hell is wrong with people? Where I come from…when you commit to doing something…you actually do it…maybe that’s just me.


Hope everyone is having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome splits - great job!! I only wish I could do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man sweet job!!! I think you really set your mind to this. Doing the drills and intervals works for a lot of people, but sometimes your mind is your greatest muscle. This is proof of mind over matter! You officially made running your bitch :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails