Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Falling Out of Love

So the big plan for today was to try to revive my running passion....it totally didn't happen. I was talking to Skip wondering out loud what the hell was wrong with me anymore. Skip took Tate up to work with him and I had to drive to get V from his dads....so i headed out a 1.5 hours early...give or take...and decided it was going to be my longrun comeback. I brought my Mizunos...thinking that maybe all the barefooting was just making me lazy...and slow. So I got myself all psyched up to run 10 miles...and when that went awesome....planning something to get me back on track with my running...another marathon perhaps....or a faster half...or even my first 10K. I was actually excited....loving the thought of mindless running that comes when I put something on my feet.

I got to the highschool and parked my car....laced up....which was weird in itself...got my gear and headed out. I felt decent for approximately 1.5 miles. After that it was pretty much downhill. I took half a gel at 3.5...and when that did nothing to perk me up...took the rest at 4. Nothing helped. I ended up cutting the run short just shy of 8 miles with a slower pace then I run barefoot. I was actually shaking when I was done. I don't know what to do anymore....I hate running in shoes and am now just as slow as I am barefoot. I ran 26.2 miles only a couple of months ago and now I can't even run 8 freaking miles. I think I may need to just hang it up for a little while....because I've tried different things and nothing seems to help. I'm in turn...frustrated as hell...or just not giving a shit. Neither of these things work for me. The only thing I like to do is yoga...maybe I should just stick with that. Is it possible that I've fallen out of love with running? Can you do that? People fall out of love with each other...why not fall out of love with a certain type of exercise. I don't think it's lazy factor....because I'm not afraid of sweating and working hard. I don't know what the hell the deal is.

Ugg....onwords.

2 comments:

  1. Those times of not lovin running suck. Maybe instead of trying to run long, you should give your permission to run shorter (3-5) runs with no garmin on. Just run to run and not worry about going long or how fast you are doing. Just get back to basics. No expectations, np pressure.

    Or maybe as you said before, when the cool weather returns, maybe that will help. There is nothing like running on a crisp fall day!

    Hang in there and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've had breast reduction surgery. We do have a lot in common! I love running sometimes. I love Yoga all the time and I'm trying to stay present and find love in every moment. Same name ("e", no "e" - who cares?) Same surgery. Same state of mind sometimes. Cool. Have you every been in an earthquake? Nameste. No go run. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails