Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sucky September Running

And other things. I extended my long run on Thursday to 11 miles and it sucked. I chalk this up to being sick which also sucks. Thanks lil T for bringing me home my first kindergarten cold.


Anywhoo…so I woke up today feeling even worse and it was crazy raining. But let me rewind. I had this dream last night..and the only thing I really remember was running barefoot…weird huh? I’ve never really ‘gotten’ it and never really wanted to. I’ve been lucky and injury free for over a year. I don’t have shoe trouble and usually feel fine before, during and after my runs…I have no real urge to ‘become one with the earth’ or any other hippy stuff usually associated with barefoot running. At least that’s how I’ve seen them….just kind of interesting….neither good nor bad…just kinda there. Katie has been talking about it alittle bit and maybe that’s how it seeped into my sleeping self…who knows. Anyways..since it was raining and cold and I felt like shit..I decided to blow off my hill run and just do Tae-bo instead. Just as I was finishing that hours worth of Tae-bo…..which I usually do barefoot oddly enough…I decided to see what all the fuss was about. I grabbed Brian and took off. I got to the end of my driveway and realized that it wasn’t hurting. So Bri and I ended up doing a mile barefoot. Was it earth shattering?...not really. Was it interesting?...yes. Will I try it again…..sure. But to be honest..I like the non-thinking that comes with running in shoes. I had to pay such attention to what I was doing today that I could not even take in my surroundings…I wonder how much of that goes away with time. My feet have been a bit sore today but only in the balls of my feet..not the heel. It was good though.


So I’m meeting my brothers in the am to run. It’s also Doms 13th birthday….and I’m shipping Skip off to D.C. for the week….busy day.


Nyquil, Unisom, Bed. Night folks

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails