Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Monday, September 6, 2010

Running, School and a Dago Wedding

I had a wedding to go to this weekend. My favorite cousin…and that’s saying something because I have a total of 50 first cousins….got married for the second time this weekend. I have been fortunate enough to escape weddings for the last few years so I had NOTHING to wear..including shoes. I am so far from girly it’s not even funny. The only dress I owned was from a bridal shower over two years ago and it wasn’t fancy enough to wear to a big ole dago wedding on the lake. And not only am I not girly…I refuse to spend big bucks on something that I will never wear again. That being said..lil T and I hit Target this weekend and bought this



After a mad dash to find shoes….open toed black thingys with a 3 inch heel……I ran to my sister-in-laws on Saturday night and had her take the dress up 3 inches so it hit above my knees….the world just isn’t made for us short gals.


I have to say that after the craziness…….I freakin ROCKED this dress. I felt so sexy I almost couldn’t keep my hands off myself..HA! But dressing like this…all girl like…brought me again to the conclusion that it BLOWS to be a chick. And I have to know…are there ANY high heeled shoes that don’t kill your feet? I mean seriously….do they have to hurt? Isn’t it enough that they’re hard to walk in? Guys get to rock these sexy suits, ties and shoes that require no coordination to wear…and they almost automatically look hot in them..errr. Drives me nuts.


It was a beautiful wedding…all simple and perfect. I love my dago family…but this family that Melinda married into brings a whole new meaning to the word Italian. Fantastic food…lots of wine…beautiful, loud, happy people…awesome! I wish her so much happiness and love..


On the running front. I met my brothers Sunday morning and they were also awesome. A guy rode by us on a bike and hollers..’now there’s the group I need to be running with.’ Funny stuff…..although I must agree. And since I skipped my run on Saturday do to a funky heel pain that I woke up with…after Bruce and Paul were done I left Paul my keys and told him I’d meet him at his house in a bit. It’s strange because I lived in Kenosha almost my whole life….and running there is like being a tourist…just weird. I ended up with 7 miles on Sunday which didn’t even come close to making up for the missed run..but whatever…I had a wedding to get to.


On the home front. The kids started school last week…and our lives are officially crazy again. I took lil T on her first day and she wouldn’t let me walk her in. “Just drop me off Mama…I’ve got it.” Can you beat that? She’s five. I didn’t know whether to cry or laugh. I guess I’m delighted that I’ve raised such an independent young lady *cough cough*…but in turn…it’s hard that she SO doesn’t need me. V is getting ready to warm the bench in his very first football game of the season this Thursday and Dom starts cross country tomorrow. I’m so excited for both of these things but wouldn’t you just figure that V’s games and Dom’s meets fall on the same nights. Guess I’m going to have to start the cloning process again.


I’ve got a 5 mile tempo on my plate for the morning so I’m outta here. Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our story is very amusing. I enjoyed reading!
    __________________
    --Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward. ~Soren Kierkegaad
    saucony running shoes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails