Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mangos, Mizunos and Mad Gnomes

If I had to count all of the mangos I have eaten since it became mango ~season~ in Wisconsin I imagine it would be over 50…I’ve started keeping the stickers on my food log see?


So when Skip is out of town and I am left to my own devices I do things. Things that I wouldn’t do if he was around to stop me…..like run in my Mizuno Wave Riders 14’s that I bought and hated right from the get go. Why do I hate them? Dunno…I LOVE the 13’s..have had 3 pairs of them….but I can’t run in these to save my life. So after 3 agonizing miles..he told me not to even bring them home and if I did…they better be gone before he got home. So…they have 40 miles on them, size 9 which in non-Mizuno talk is a size 8.5 running shoe. First email takes em and I’ll even pay the shipping.

Onwards. Lighthouse is this weekend….and although I had finally decided that I was running the 4 mile race barefoot..... I have instead laced up and am running the 10 with Katie. Because there are always other races to do barefoot….but I can’t think of anything I’d rather do then run this race with Katie. This was my first race of any distance 3 years ago…and although I have a score to settle with Lighthouse…..that will have to wait for another time because my only plan this weekend is to run whatever pace Katie wants…she’s training for her 3rd half marathon…and enjoying her company. Awesome!
This guy is Skip and my 'compromise' on a yard gnome...he wanted one soo bad but I told him hell no....so he got this guy instead.  His eyes light up at night...Lori says I have a demon on my front stoop.
And who knew they sold gummie tarantulas....or that they liked mangos too?

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. If only I had normal sized feet, ha!

    I adore mangos - I look forward to them every year. And your little demon guy is the best - I would take him over a typical gnome ANY day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Particularly because you are the SWEETEST person ever to switch distances, postpone your barefoot race, and run my slow ass pace!! Seriously it's between 10:30 and 11:00, but who knows, maybe I'll surprise myself on race day. It IS race day afterall. WEEEEEEEEE!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

    I freaking LOVE your gnome compromise!!! I love everything tiki and one day I WILL have a tiki patio. Complete with mangoes because I love those too yet never buy them often enough! Avocados are probably my equivalent to your mango. I buy at least two every week and would buy more if they weren't $1.60 a pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10:30 to 11 sounds fantastic...and if we're feeling awesome..we pick it up..or slow it down...or whatever the heck we feel like! That's why this race is going to RAWK!

    I snuck outside tonight and put glowing tiki man up to Dominics window and started knocking real soft with him...scared the CRAP out of both the boys. Good stuff there....one of the reasons I enjoy having kids...getting to scare them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about liking the style prior to the one you have now. I used to like Asics Gel Cumulus until they went and changed it around 10. I tried them but had to move on to something else. Why can't they leave a good thing alone?

    Weebs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...I love that you put the tiki man up to the kids' window! That is not a pretty statue :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping over at Own Your Backbone. I am a fan of yours! You are Funny, inspiring and really living your life. So awesome. Great post. Can't wait to hear abou the Lighthouse Run! I love it we have the same name. Best, without and 'e' Clair

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails