Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Monday, August 30, 2010

This and That

So I am utterly traumatized that my baby is starting kindergarten in 2 days…yes ..2 days and I’m already whining. I am not a hovering mother…not one of those gooey, my kids are perfect and can do no wrong kind of mothers either. Quite the opposite really. Although I truly adore my children…I see them for what they are….little extensions of me that I can live my unfulfilled dreams through…their own people…that I was trusted with to teach the best I can and release into the wild with hopes that what I’ve taught them has stuck. Blah..anyways…for whatever reason…the thought of my last baby…the one I was able to spend the most time with……starting school…is a very hard pill for this mom to swallow. I am heartbroken…and somehow…5 and a half years just doesn’t seem like enough time.



On the running front…my brothers are getting ready to rock their first 5K on the 22nd of September. We ran the entire thing again this Sunday and in spite of the heat…they finished it in 35 minutes and change…awesome. After looking at my schedule after I got home on Sunday I realized that I have a wisdom tooth that’s due to come out that morning and I realized that I was going to have to either change my appointment or find out what it’s like to run looped up on vicodin and a mouth full of bloody gauze. Luckily for all involved..I was able to bump my appointment to the following morning. I am so completely excited about this race!!!! They have both come such a long way…and if pride goes before the fall…I’m looking at about a 15 story drop…and couldn’t be happier. There is something very fulfilling about watching these two grown men do this thing that is so near to my heart…and discover something about themselves along the way. On the flipside…running with your brothers can also be very disgusting. They pride themselves on who can fart the most times on our run. My little brother will light one up and look over his shoulder and holler ..’what’d that asshole say?’ There is also a good amount of shoving…snapping with wet tee-shirts, belching and bitching…Bruce does A LOT of bitching. But…we haven’t spent this much time together since we were little kids…and I’ll be sorry when it’s over. I’ve been trying to talk them into doing the half marathon that’s the same day as my full..so far…no takers.


Well..I’ve got a 5 mile tempo run in the morning with my name on it so I need to get some sleep. Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their week and happy running!

1 comment:

  1. Even though my sister was the one that got me into running, I've only run with her once. And now she's given it up. She got really frustrated with the whole thing and decided to do strictly weightlifting (her BF is really into it). So reading this, I kind of longingly wish we would've run together more often. Maybe some other day. She might pick it back up when the weather cools off. It's so cool your brothers are inspired enough to join you...farts and all ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails