Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Barefoot Running Around the Hospital

With daylight savings I am loosing my sunlight for my Tuesday night runs…which blows. I can’t run barefoot in the dark…not yet and I think probably not ever. So I took my gear to work and bolted out 15 minutes early in order to be able to knock out a few miles in the light. It was an EXCELLENT barefoot run. I think I did my fastest pace to date and went 4.5 miles. I truly felt like I was flying even though it’s still so much slower then my shod time…I wonder why it feels faster? The area around the hospital is largely unpopulated and wide open so it actually was and is a perfect place to run barefoot. There is nothing on the sidewalks and it was full dark by the time I was done and I had no mishaps. My feet feel great…no blisters…and I feel strong. And if I had decided to slice my foot open or some other weird thingy…I couldn’t have been in a more perfect place with the ER a stones throw away…HA! I think I may keep doing this as winter looms.
On the work front. I HATE Wednesdays at the clinic. There is SO much negativity and hostility amongst the old ladies that I can barely stand it. They are never happy…there is no workplace get along and they are all so stuck in their ways and NO one does it right but them..not even each other and especially not someone under 40! I don’t know how other people feel….but I’m of the mind that work doesn’t have to be a big stupid drag…and as long as you’re doing what you’re supposed to in a timely manner…there is nothing wrong with both having a decent time doing it….and enjoying the company of the people that you spend more time with then your family. And I think those feelings resonate to the patients who in turn feel more comfortable while they are there. I take care of the working man…you don’t get much more blue collar then Occupational Medicine, so generally speaking…my patients don’t work in the most wonderful environments….so coming to us may be the nice part of their day…when they get out of the heat of the factory or the cold of the outdoors…by god..can’t it at least be as pleasant as possible? Eh screw it….there’s really nothing I can do except keep being awesome and put on the happy face……and maybe someday…someday.

So that’s my semi-midweek ramblings. Ten or bust below target marathon pace in the morning! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails