Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Peace and Quiet

Whatever to do with myself? Skip took our minions up to his mothers for the weekend this morning and I am reveling in the peace. What a positively incredible thing this is……….you forget don’t you?



Shoes-


Awesome. I think I’m in love!! They are so lightweight and at 26 miles in….I think I made the right move. Time will tell if they hold up as well as the Asics.


Running-


Not quite as awesome but the shoes help. I was holding my sub-10’s until this afternoon when I had the bright idea of running in the middle of the afternoon when it’s 80 degrees and 80% humidity. Major bonk. I switched my long run to Thursday again this week. I was out of energy gels and had not gotten to the store so I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I cut into 4 squares and took that with me instead. I’ve been doing some reading about nutrition and hydration during the long run and decided to try something different this time….and in different I mean starting to drink right away and not waiting till I was already starting to fatigue before starting to eat. I ate my first square at 2.5 miles, second at 5 miles, and third at 8 miles and didn’t need the fourth. I drank the entire way and refilled my handheld at mile 8 as well. And honestly..this is the first really decent long run I think I ever had. I was not exhausted at the end…or in the middle or beginning for that matter. I felt great the rest of the day……..and held a 9:53 pace over the course of 10 miles.


Now this afternoon, on the other hand…was bullshit. To begin with…I lifted weights last night because I was too lazy to get my ass moving yesterday morning. I think what really did me in was not enough time between workouts….the fact that my legs were cashed from lunges off a bench and some serious squats….and it was too damn hot and sunny. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.


And speaking of running…as the start of my marathon training grows closer…I’m itching for a training partner. It seems to be slim pickings around here…and with my long run day during the week I know the odds of finding someone are pretty poor. But reading all these blogs…and ALL these people that run with others..leaves me wanting. I like my solitude..but I acknowledge that running with other people makes the time go by faster. I LOVE working with my newbies…and there’s enough time for them to base build and be ready to start by December…but no one seems to be on board with a full marathon…they all think I’m nuts…probably true too.


Anyways…I’m off to enjoy my quiet weekend. Which will include..but is not limited to…naked blogging, naked laundry, naked dishes and not so naked running with my brothers tomorrow.
And check out this Ryders Giveaway from a very inspirational lady!

4 comments:

  1. Which marathon are you doing? I am definitely going to need a partner come October - I'm doing the Disney marathon in January.

    Great job on your pacing - I wish I could hold that pace for anything longer than a 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady!

    I'm doing the Wisconsin marathon in Kenosha. It's the first week of May..so I won't really be starting to train till when you're doing Disney! My only real plan until then is to up my long runs to 13 miles at around a 10 minute mile before I start actual training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started having my first gel at around the 30-35minute mark and I found that it's helped a lot!
    Aw I hope you find a marathon partner! I think it's really important in training. My stepdad trained with his good friend and I think it keeps you sane or something ;)
    Today is like the gorgeous of gorgeous days and totally fit for running! I hope I can squeeze one in after work before the Laundromat beckons :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that;running with other people makes the time go by fast. As a runner I enjoyed running with companions than running alone.
    ______________________
    --Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward. ~Soren Kierkegaad
    brooks running shoes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails