Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

10 miles @ 100% Humidity

Equals bullshit….HA! Actually…it wasn’t that bad…that’s what I kept telling myself as I wrung out my shorts for the 10th time. My pace wasn’t quite what I wanted it to be but that fact that I made it home made up for that. Plus I got my long run done during the week again..and that can NOT be discounted. It is so cool to have my weekends freed up like this. I’m planning on switching my long run to during the week permanently once the kids are back in school in a few weeks….and the countdown begins.



I’ve been going over the marathon plans that I printed off a month or so. Good thing I did print them off because….and stop me if I’m wrong…you now have to be a ‘paying’ member at Runners World to use the Smart Coach to the tune of 130 bucks a year or some crazy shit like that. I’m kind of going between two different programs…one put out by the Boston Athletic Association and the one I printed off of Runners World. They both have their pluses and minuses…neither have you do race distance but I can adjust that accordingly. Both are 16 week programs but I plan to extend out whatever one I choose to 18 weeks because I want some wiggle room. Sign up for the Wisconsin Marathon opens next month but I won’t actually start training till mid December.


I’m still waiting on my gift card from Dicks to buy new shoes..and again I’m torn between going with my tried and true ASICS or giving something else a whirl. If I’m going to try another shoe now is the time to do it because I’ll be buying another pair right after my marathon training begins…so I can always go back if what I buy sucks. Decisions decisions.


In other news….in less then a month I will be free of my offspring again. Three kids, three different schools. One in highschool, one in middle..and a kindergartener….my lord. I don’t know what throws me worse…my baby starting kindergarten…or my BABY starting highschool? V is excited, a little nervous…but like his mama…ready for anything. He has his eye on the prize with football and plans to end Case’s very impressive loosing streak with his mad skills.


I’ve also picked out the race I’m going to enter my brothers in. It’s at the end of September…an evening race…and they’ll totally be ready. V and I and possibly Dom will run it as well. This is going to be crazy cool and I think Bruce and Paul will be SO into it. They’re both doing so well…surprising themselves every week. And Bruce especially needs something good in his life since so much of his life is being pushed into the shitter by a VERY immature person. Ugg..I don’t even like to think about it….makes my freakin skin crawl.


So that’s my wandering Wednesday post. Hope everyone is having a productive week!

4 comments:

  1. Yay on getting that humid 10 miler done mid-week! You rock :)

    Perhaps someone who knows what they're doing can look at your old shoes and tell you what would be best. Good luck figuring out your marathon training program...mine is 18 weeks and my longest runs are 20 miles :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your awesome 10-miler! I was in Tennessee for the first time this past weekend and ran in 100% humidity and felt like I was going to die after 2 miles. You are super woman! Way to go! As for shoes, I got a pair of Brooks (Ghost 3) a couple months ago and absolutely love them. Before that I was in Asics and Adidas. It’s always fun to try something new and if you don’t like it you can always go back! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on getting your run in....I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not wait until the humidity ends!! What a summer it has been!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails