Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, February 24, 2011

3 Years Post Gastric Bypass, New Drugs and Another Race

So I decided to incorporate a mid week semi long run on my step back weeks…since I have the time on Tuesdays and it won’t take any additional time away from my family. I did 8 miles on Tuesday…and 8 for my long run again today. My pace is picking up…I don’t want to jinx it so that’s all I have to say about that.



In other news…I had my 3 year post gastric bypass appointment with my surgeon today. The long and short of it is I am up 3 pounds from last year…don’t care..I’m in marathon training…I hear this happens. And my thyroid is finally wacked out enough that they want to treat me for hypothyroidism. I’ve always run on the high end of normal…now I’m just high...or low..depending on how you look at it. So he gave me a script for a months worth of Synthroid and told me to have my labs retested in 3.5 weeks and see where we’re at.


I tried to talk him out of it…gave him my whole thing about always being a little high…and he responded with “then don’t you think it’s about time we fix that?”. So I’ll take it and see what happens..I mean..what’s one more damn pill in the big scheme of things? I already take mutli vitamins, calcium, b12, sleeping pills....what’s one more? The funny thing is…I don’t feel bad…I read about all the crazy thyroid bullshit and I’m just not there..unless the hairloss is from that..which I suppose it could be. But I’m not sluggish, tired…my weight is up but not much…blah…whatever.


I also signed up for my next race….The South Shore Half Marathon. It’s a month before my full and I’m using it as a training run to gauge my fitness…not to mention that my long run for that week is 14 miles…how’s that for perfect? I’m also hoping to run at least part of it with Katie!!!!! My virtual training partner for both of our first half marathons last year. I am so completely excited about this I could bust. We’ve never met in person and I can’t WAIT to finally meet her!!!!


That’s it…all I’ve got on a quiet Thursday night. All my children are off school tomorrow so all the cleaning I did today will be shot down the tubes shortly. Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails