Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Winter Funk and Wedded Bliss

Ok enough already with the white stuff big guy…it’s time to cut this gal a break.



I’m getting my mileage in…but it’s hurting to do so. I am in such a winter funk it’s not even funny. But on the flipside….how can you marvel at spring if you haven’t been out in the drudges of winter?


That’s the kind of bullshit I kept telling myself this week…and every other week this winter for that matter. Thursday we were finally dug all the way out from our little blizzard and I loaded up for my long run although with it being below 10 degrees and the snow being so high I wasn’t sure if I’d have to bump it to the weekend. I didn’t. I ground out 17 miles over on the path…even ended up with sunburn on my nose…how funny is THAT the first week of February in Wisconsin? I don’t know if this is badass, stubborn, or stupid but there it is.
Lil T and Skip
Brian attempting to bust through the snow.
So Skip and I are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary this coming Friday. We’re driving up to Madison and leaving all the kids with my ex-husband and we will just run around town and see what kind of trouble we can get into. Eight years….wow…where does the time go?


And since it’s been almost eight years I’ll post 8 reasons I still love this man.


1. Because he’s man enough to be there for me without smothering me.


2. Because he loves my boys..you would never know he didn’t spawn them himself.


3. Because when I say I can’t…he knows I can.


4. Because he sometimes puts gas in my car and always snowblows.


5. Because after 8 years I still think he looks hot in jeans..or nothing.


6. Because he doesn’t blink at 100 dollar running shoes.


7. Because he doesn’t blink at my barefoot running.


8. Because he is the first man I have ever known from my father on down that hasn’t wanted to change me….has loved me for me and not expected anything in return.


I’m lucky you see….in many many ways. And as much as I complain about the weather….I’d be anywhere as long as it was with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails