Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Updates

I’ve been finding my joy in running all week this week. I feel good and look forward to every run….this doesn’t happen on my monster weeks…but my kick back weeks are so very very pleasant.



This morning I got up before anyone in the house and snuck in 4 snowy miles before heading up to Milwaukee for Dragonboat practice. And tomorrow I have big plans to run 7 miles with Lori…..and I can’t wait.


So here’s my jumbled thoughts on a Saturday night.


Marathon Training- It’s going extremely well. I feel good with the distances that I’ve achieved already and I am feeling no burn out. I’m looking forward to March which starts my third month of training and brings back the speedwork and repeats. I need to look at my plan again and see if I need to do some more tweeking. My big runs for March are a 22 plus miler this Thursday and a 26.2 mile two weeks from this Thursday. I think I would be comfortable if that 26.2 ended up being a 24…but we’ll have to see. This is my first but hopefully not my only run of race distance. I have another right before I start my taper. My taper should be interesting. My kick back weeks are indeed pleasant but I find myself a little crazy on Thursday s when I don’t have hours and hours that I need to run.


Family- They’re holding their own through this training cycle. I’ve stated many times how I strive to keep the impact of MY training on THEM minimal. I figured it out and I take roughly 2.5 hours away from them per week. All the rest of my training is done on my time either before they wake up…or while they’re at school and work. I am extremely proud of this because it was one of my BIG worries before I started training….wondering if I could juggle it all and not ruin their lives over something I had to do.


Me- I’m holding my own as well. I started taking the Synthroid two days ago and feel fine. I felt fine before though. The medicine insert states that it may be a couple weeks before I start feeling better…I wonder what will happen if I never felt bad??? HA! I have also really been trying to clean out my diet. Lean protein and more veggies and fruits then humanly possible. I just finished roasting a huge pan of sweet potatoes, red and green peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and onions to eat through the week. I am also kicking some Popeye ass in spinach consumption. Taking care of me and giving proper fueling a go.


Skip- Always holds his own. They requested him to do a 3 month detail in D.C. I didn’t say much about that but I did ask him if he’d be able to be home for my marathon. I don’t say it…but his support is a big part of me being able to do what I do…and him being at my races is HUGE to me. I could do it without him there…but it means the world to me that he IS there. Anyways…so he tells me that he would be at my marathon if he had to RUN home from D.C. to be there. And he told me how he appreciated all I did to not impact the family with training but that in spite of that…races are a FAMILY event and that they love to see me run. Isn’t that incredible?


Kids- Are good. I’m keeping my yap shut about V running spring track but I’m hoping with all my heart that he does. Lil T is rocking kindergarten and loving her friend Daja. Dom is not doing well in school. Skip and I lowered the boom on his ass this week and told him that if he doesn’t have his shit pulled together by the next report card that we would be looking into pulling him out of his Magnet school and sticking his ass where there is a little more structure. I HATE the thought of doing that but my child that has been a straight A student his entire life is now getting C’s and D’s in his big classes. The school he goes to gives them a lot of responsibility and he’s not handling it with the grace I thought he would. Tons of that stems from him being a social butterfly…but sorry Charlie…studies first..butterflying second.


Barefooting- I am amazed how much I’ve been able to do through this winter. On Thursday this week at the end of my long run I was able to do another half mile. I am pain free when I do this and am SO happy. I am about 10 miles away from having run 100 barefoot miles…how cool is that?


Anyways…I’m off to snuggle that rotten little girl of mine…hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend….and that you are ALL finding your joy in something this week.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are kicking the a$$ off of the marathon training plan - so glad too, because if anyone deserves it, you do!

    And you definitely deserve huge kudos for working around the whole family thing - it's so hard to train with a fam and you've done an awesome job at it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails