Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bare Foot Changes

So my Mizunos had pushing 450 miles on them and were starting to bother me…..and knowing I had 22 on tap for Thursday kinda pushed me along to get some new ones…that and the fact that I got a 15 dollar coupon for Dicks that expired yesterday. I wasn’t going to screw with something that was working so I decided to buy the Wave Rider 13’s again. These shoes were fantastic as far as shoes go and since the 14’s came out last weekend I figured that the 13’s would go on sale…they did…score. So after work yesterday…I cruised over to the Dicks next to the hospital…ran in…asked for the Wave Rider 13’s in an Womans 8.5…paid for them and jetted. I get them home….lace them how I want them…try them on..and guess what….they didn’t fit. Same shoe, same store, same size that I bought a few months ago…but now too small. For a minute I sat on my bed looking at these ugly things…and for the life of me couldn’t figure out what the hell was going on…and then it dawned on me….my barefoot running. It’s changed my foot strike but apparently it’s also changed my feet. And speaking of my barefoot running…with the beautiful weather we’ve been having…I’ve actually been able to do some. It’s felt fantastic. At the end of my 6 miler with Lori and Brian on Sunday I ditched the kicks and ran the last .75 miles barefoot. Good stuff..I can’t wait till this marathon is over and I can get back to it on a more regular basis.



So here’s the news around our watering hole.


Skip is in D.C. again for the week. He also dropped me a text today telling me that they want him to do a 30 day detail some time soon if he can get away from Milwaukee. I don’t mind him being gone…but that’s getting to be a bit long.


Dom spent the day in Chicago yesterday with his school. He had an amazing time…my little city boy.


V had a bomb threat at this school on Monday. There was another one at a different school in our city the next day. WTF is this world coming to?


There are tons of protests going on in Wisconsin right now. My facebook page is bleeding…bleeding heart liberals that is..HA! I feel no sympathy for what’s going on and who is being affected…sorry. The only thing I’d like to see different is to include all unions…level the playing field..it’s only fair.


That’s it…my Wednesday night ramblings. I haven’t run since Sunday so I am totally ready to take a bite out of that 22 miler tomorrow. Bring it…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails