Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Brian~Big Baller

So the number of coyote sightings in Racine and Racine county have been on the rise…they’re always on the rise. A couple of weeks before Christmas one snatched a small dog right in front of the owner in their own back yard. These nasty critters are not afraid of people and they’ll come right to your back door. Now I live west of the city….thank god…but that also puts me in a more rural area. I know they’re around…in the summer you can often hear them at night and when I used to run in the mornings, I would see them occasionally. I run trails that are along the railroad tracks behind Vincent’s high school. There are also a few ponds back there…farmland…and some woods. It’s the only place I can take Brian and run him off the leash….as in…I run 6 miles…he probably runs closer to 8 with all the cruising around he does.



So today….I took the long way to the trails…around a mile. Once we got on it I took Brian off his leash as I always do. He’s usually pretty good about it…always comes back when I call him…and I’ve yet to ever see another soul back there although I’ve seen footprints so I know other runners use it. About a quarter mile down the trail there’s a bridge that runs over a stream. As we’re approaching it….Brian freakin BOLTS. A coyote had emerged from under the bridge right onto the path in front of us. Brian takes off like a bat outta hell after this thing. I start screaming and screaming because these things EAT little dogs. He doesn’t even turn his rotten little head and chases that coyote probably half a mile. All I can think is that he’s gone…my running buddy…my baby…is going to be taken at the throat…because that’s what coyotes do…and dragged off to be eaten alive….also what they do.


I call Skip..I am hysterical…still screaming for Brian..I can barely see them now. He chases the thing into the woods…turns around and runs back to me….all happy with himself. If he hadn’t scared me to death I would have booted him off the bridge.


Things I realized today-


~Running 5 miles after Jillian kicks my trash is a rough thing.
~Coyotes CAN be chased off….good to know.
~Watching something you love chase certain death does crazy things to your heart rate.
~By taking Brians balls…he grew an invisible set that are 14 times their original size.


Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Ack! So glad this had a happy ending!

    I rarely see them (although I hear them all the time) but when we were out after the last snow, there was one just hanging out in the middle of the trail. Kind of eerie - I was glad to be running with a group that day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geesh! Darn dog. I bet you were FREAKED out!
    I can definitely tell that Jillian is taking a toll on my longer runs. Gotta find a balance.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails