Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Monday, January 2, 2012

Ripped in 30…Day 1

Yikes! This makes the Shred look like childs play. Take level one of the Shred…douple the output….and tack some minutes on and you have Ripped in 30 week 1. Holy crap. Starts with push-ups…NOTHING good starts with push-ups. And then there’s the cardio intervals. I pride myself on having a pretty good cardiac base due to running…but I was dripping and breathless by the time I was done. Good stuff. I also printed out the meal plan that goes along with it…which I’ll take what I want from and supplement the rest. It offers a couple of vegetarian options but not much. I have my baseline measurements from the end of the Shred so I’ll use those.


Anyways…the kids go back to school tomorrow and I’m sort of sorry to see them go…but will be happy to have my house back to normal again. It’s strange not running on my days off because I have to wait for Dominic to get home. We had a solid 5 miler again on the last day of the year. He’s getting better..that 5 miles isn’t killing him anymore and by the time we start actual training he’ll have a pretty decent base. My goal is to get him to the start line injury free and feeling strong. I want to supplement his running with strength training but don’t want to work him more than 5 days a week….he’s only 14 and I want this to be a very positive experience for him. I want to build a runner for life…not someone who hates it. I want to follow an actual training plan for beginners so he knows exactly what he’ll be doing each week. It’s a bit difficult for me to run with him. He’s very slow and I guess I’m just not used to company. I’ve been a pretty solitary runner and I hate to admit that I kinda like it that way. But I know how good this will be for him..how positive…and that outweighs everything else.


Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. You're running with your son, awesome! I am a solitary "runner" too (more of a jogger, to be honest) but a few of my best memories are run/walking a few 5k's with my oldest ds when he was 5<3 Unlike your situation, he was, is, and always will be faster than I am, lol.
    BEST of luck w/RIPPED in 30, Jillian is crazy, but I suspect there is reward if we stick with this:-)
    Treasure those moments with your son, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! I was just going to email you. I did shred level 3 today and was NOT loving it! What a work out. I'm going to finish out my 14 days on level 3. Guess I gotta look into ripped now. Fiddlesticks! I do have to admit, I like the way my body is feeling. But it's a lot of work. I'm not doing the every day. I think 3X a week is going to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a GREAT workout!

    As sorry as I am to send everyone back to school, I am SO looking forward to getting some semblance of a routine back. Too much slacking lately :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails