Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Quiet

I love to be the first one up in the house in the morning…the peace is immeasurable. I let Tate stay up late on the weekends to ensure that I have this time…is that awful of me? Don’t care…truly I don’t.

So several big things went down this week. We finally got snow..as in like 8 inches of it. Skip was in D.C. this week and of course…that’s when it happens. We’ve had some amazing weather in Wisconsin late into the winter so I imagine we’re going to pay for it now. But we got it cleared out and it was business as usual. I told Skip when he came back that I want to move…HA! I always love the first snow of the year…if I have nowhere to go. After that it’s all downhill till spring. Why do we live here? Why does ANYONE live here?


The second thing was that Dominic had his longest run to date. Tuesday we were running in tee shirts and shorts..*see how messed up our weather is? Two days later we’re buried in snow*. Anyways…we planned on 5 but looped a little farther than I thought and ended up with 6.2. He felt solid and actually wanted to go farther. But I’m trying to build a runner for life here..not one plagued with injuries who hates running as often as not. And although he won’t admit it yet…he’s starting to crave the run…isn’t that incredible?


I am about to finish my second week of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 series. This time I’ve included diet modification and have been logging my food on Sparkspeople. The workouts are just sick…much harder than the Shred but I’m feeling awesome. My official weigh day is Monday but as of last Monday I still have not lost any weight. I’m around 1500 calories a day which I feel is rock bottom for as much as I workout…and still nothing. I am pretty frustrated with this. I am fairly happy with my weight…but it makes me mad when I feel not in control of my body. I have to weigh in with my surgeon at the end of the month and I would have liked to have been down a bit…doesn’t look like that’s going to happen…go me.


Speaking of weighing in with my surgeon…my 4th and final post-gastric bypass surgery followup is happening on the 26th of this month. I had my lab work done and everything was good. I had cut my thyroid medication in half about 6 months ago and was curious about my TSH which came back fine. So after this final appoint I am done with him…the man that changed my life for a mere 30 grand. I am in the wrong business.


Off to the library…hope everyone had a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Right up my alley--sitting, drinking coffee, reading blogs while all are still asleep.
    We've had a GREAT winter but the forecast is changing to low 20s and snow. Had my last run in shorts and tshirt....going to try to remember that as I go long in the cold tomorrow.
    I am HATING level 3 of the shred...it is hard! But then again, I"m only doing it 2 times per week.
    Have you measured your body and not weight? That has got to be changing with all the working out you are doing.
    So happy about Dominic! That is awesome. Can't wait to see where this journey leads him.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails