Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bitching Running

So I clocked my fastest pace to date outside of a race this morning. Five miles at a 9:38 pace…and it felt fantastic. Windy, beautiful and I ran hills….which made it that much more cool. I’m going to make running my bitch this summer….enough already. Maybe I progressed too quickly…increasing my distance but never really my speed. So that is the new and improved summer plan. My last race of the summer has been scratched because I had the date wrong and it’s this coming weekend instead of next…and I just don’t have the time to do that this weekend with Dragonboat starting this weekend as well. So I have all summer and most of the fall to bitch running. I AM capable of running faster and I’m going to do it. I’m going to do all my weekday running at sub-10’s and I’m going to try something different on my long runs. This weekend I’m going to only run 8 miles….the first 4 at around 11 minute miles…and the second 4 at 10 or less minute miles…and see how that goes. I know I can do distance….that’s really not an issue…anyone can if you give it enough time….so I’m going to try decreasing the distance…starting from scratch…and teaching my body to run faster, longer. I’m still lifting 3 days a week…that seems to be going well. So we’ll play with speed this summer…and see how that goes.



In hair loss news….I’ve been using Rogaine for going on 2 months now….and it’s not falling out like it was….but I have seen no new regrowth. But….the doc says…along with what the instructions say…it takes many months to start seeing anything new. Shit..I’m happy it’s not falling out anymore…but I would like to grow some back. But I think my days of having the long beautiful crazy hair are over. I don’t think I can ever wear it long again….sorry Skip…you’re stuck with your butchy lookin wife…HA!


That’s it….all I’ve got on a beautiful Thursday morning. I think I’m going to take my spawn to the quarry today to swim…and then I’ve got a date with the dentist. Hope everyone has a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. You have a great outlook on this! It's like we're running kindred spirits because I've come to the exact same conclusion. Focus on the short distances and running them fast. And definitely more speedwork, which I loath, but I know it helps. Good luck with your new game plan!!! Everyone says that when they focus on speed with dedication, they see really great results! Let's do this thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome that you ran 5mi at that pace - that rocks!!! I wish I could do that too. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails