Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Destined to be Slow?

As soon as a blogged that I was consistently logging under 10 minute miles….I stopped doing that. I can’t hit it AGAIN! I’m close…like 10.1 minute miles…but just can’t seem to shove it under. No gas in the tank…by the end of mile one…I feel like I’ve already done 5 or so. If I keep up this garbage I’ll never be able to hit my goal for Lighthouse. And that’s my last ‘big’ race of the year…so I really want to. Am I forever just doomed to be slow? Is it that I am still considered a heavy weight runner? I’ve been doing the work that’s supposed to increase my speed for MONTHS and it really hasn’t. I guess I just wish I could know if it’s ever going to help because damn…if it’s not going to do anything anyways…I’ll stop the speedwork…because doing it BLOWS!



So there was *this* article in Runners World last month with a bunch of different tests for strength, speed, endurance…etc. I’ve done two of them and I’ve learned that in spite of being a ‘heavy weight’…my core strength is excellent…I was able to hold a perfect plank for over 2 minutes. And my cardiovascular strength is great…I did the three minute step test and my pulse rate was 84 beats per minute after I was done. I’m going to try a couple of the other ones today. So you see….technically..I should be awesome…HA!


That’s it…that’s all I’ve got. It’s beautiful out today and I think once lil T makes her appearance…we’re going to go find us some ducks to feed the cereal that no one in our house will touch. Have a great Thursday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Psst.... you ARE awesome...... Dont forget that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm slow..slower than you. I don't know anything about speedwork. I'm working on increasing my distance first. You are awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be so hard on yourself...come race day, you'll rock that pace!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails