Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Wednesday!!

What an incredible day today was! Crazy crazy crazy at work with 3 back to back lacerations requiring both internal and external sutures….good stuff….always like to see good, legitimate injuries.



So tomorrow is my last training run before Lighthouse. Last year I didn’t back off at all coming up to the race and I’m trying something a bit different this year…as in cutting my mileage in half after my long run last weekend. And speaking of that long run….I did 10 miles *the distance of Lighthouse* and beat my goal time from last year….so I’m thinking….I’ll hit the 1 hour 30’s minute range this year. They’re calling for high of 84 degrees that day…so it’s looking like a repeat of last year’s bullshit weather. Hopefully they’re wrong. Here are the things that I’m doing different this year in order to make this race awesome.


1. Carrying my handheld water bottle…saving time by avoiding the water stations.


2. Using only gels and only gels that I know I do well with.


3. Not running on an injured knee.


4. Knowing roughly the paces I need to be at to hit my goal time.


5. Wearing shorts that I KNOW don’t chafe or ride up my ass.


6. Running towards 3 amazing women that have already completed the 4 mile race.


7. Not wondering if I will die completing the distance because I’ve done the distance and more EVERY weekend for the last 6 months.


So that’s what’s different….here’s what’s the same.


1. The fact that my awesome husband will be there waiting for me when I’m done…with tears in his eyes because he’s so freakin proud of me.


2. It’s going to be miserably hot…even though it hasn’t been all week.


3. I guess there are only 2 things?


Anyways…we haven’t heard anything on D.C. The job actually didn’t close till Tuesday afternoon…so I’m guessing we won’t hear anything this week after all. I’ve been doing a lot of looking online at areas around D.C….Arlington actually….since we don’t want to be near the city. Fredricksberg has caught both of our eyes…but we’re open to suggestions….Destination???


Hope everyone is having a wonderful week..and we’ll see you on the flipside of Lighthouse.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck! You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do great and have fun!!!!! Funny the things we learn as we get more experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whohooooo...sounds like youre set up for success!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails