Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dragonboat, Sunday Morning and Kite Festivals

So I got a text from Jule saying she was bailing but Amy and Traci would still be there. But let me preface this with my seriously tweeked shoulder story.



Yesterday I took V and lil T to the park. V grabbed a bat and ball and asked if I’d hit him a few at the park. Well…a ‘few’ turned into like 30 and I ended up with MAD pain in my rear delt of my right shoulder by last night. This morning rolls around and I always lift weights before I go run with my girls. I wake up in more then a bit of pain and of course I decide to rest it like a rational adult….except I’m not rational…sometimes I even wonder about the adult part. I hit the weights knocking out an hour workout even though my delt is screaming. Oh well..at least I don’t run with my arms…I may even take tomorrow off the weights .


Meeting the girls was great as usual. I snapped a few pics and with the exception of Brian acting like a jackass when he sees other dogs…it was a peaceful morning. We turned around at two miles because they both had things to do today and when we were about halfway back we ran into Jules. I was so happy to see her! Amy and Traci continued on and I finished out Jules run with her. They are totally ready for Lighthouse…and I’ve been trying to talk them into running the first mile together and then separating…and running their own races…just so they have an idea what each of them can do..something to work against. They all have different styles and strengths…and if they run this whole race together…they won’t really know what each of them are capable of. I think I have them talked into it…but this is a MUCH bigger race then the last one..and that may make them nervous…we’ll just have to see.
Amy and Traci...lube or sunscreen....hmmmm
View to south of our meeting spot.
Brian very distraught that I'm behind him.
Kenosha Harbor
Jules..very happy to be done.
Brian...also very happy to be done.

While I was running…I got a text from another friend Jenny telling me that there was a kite festival at the lakefront in Kenosha today….so after I got home and showered….I rounded up the crew and headed down there…it was beautiful to say the least.

Skip and lil T
The spawn.and doesn't V look like an arrogant little ass.
Dom
Skip, Dom and lil T putting kites together for the childrens 'MadDash'
This is what happens when you give 100 little kids kites and tell them to fly them.
Photos brought to you by....Skip and Claire.

In other news..I signed up for the Great Midwest Dragonboat Festival again…this year with V. Now I hate the water…but since we paddle in shit that isn’t even over my head I’m ok with this. Click *here* if you don’t know what dragon boat racing is. It’s really cool to watch…and a bitchin workout. The festival falls in mid July so my racing is done for the year and I am free to injure myself in any stupid way I choose.
Our Dragonboat team last year.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. lol your such a renard! love all the piccys.. V does look like a little CC... *whistling innocently*
    xoxo
    kc

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails