Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bitching Running Update

So V started football camp this week…he is drop dead tired in a way I have never seen him. Good stuff..I LOVE to see my children physically exhausted…good for the soul to go to empty. Speaking of empty…my gas tank is empty…and not just the one in my car. I scratched my long run on Saturday…something I haven’t done in over a year. I just couldn’t talk myself into it..did you hear that? I’m having to talk myself into running. Not sure where this funk is coming from…. I did end up doing a 1.5 hour Tae-bo DVD instead and could barely move for the next 3 days. Scratched my Monday weight lifting due to that fact. I’ve said it before and stand by it….I am less tired after a 15 mile run then after an hours worth of Tae-bo.



I did get a run in on Sunday. It just ended up being Bruce, V and I. I didn’t have a good time…I was just pissy…and bitchy…just not feeling it.


But..Tuesday morning..after ALMOST talking myself out of it and going back to bed….I got on my gear…grabbed my Brian and off we went. It wasn’t one of ‘those’ runs….those really good ones….but it was ok. I ran on the trail across the highway….and as I was bopping along I see a big fat skunk waddle onto the path. I stopped…but could see a biker coming in the distance….so I yell ‘DUDE!!!! SKUNK!’ and he came to a screeching halt. And we all sat there until that fat little bastard waddled on his way. In spite of that…I not only stayed sub-10…but sub-9:30. How bout that?


I did manage to hit the weights yesterday morning and again this week I had to adjust my long run day to today instead of Saturday…seeing as I have to put in a few hours at work. So I got up early to be able to get those 8 miles in before Skip had to head out…and for the first time in weeks…those 8 miles turned into 10 miles at a 10:06 average pace. I miss distance…and it was good to be able to go a little longer and still maintain a decent pace. This was Brian’s first 10 mile run…he held up nicely..little shit.


It’s been over a month since my *bitching running* post and my update is as follows. I can now consistently and with considerably less pain maintain sub-10 minute miles on my short runs *6 miles and under*..and those sub-10s are turning into sub-9:30’s. I would like to shove that number closer to 9 minutes…and I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to..hopefully by fall. I would like my long run pace to be around 10 minute miles…give or take. My marathon training goal is for 10 minute miles for my long runs…so by the time I start actual training..I want to be able to hit that pace consistently for at least 13 miles.


Here are my July stats.


7/1    5 mile run/9:17 pace


7/3    8.5 mile run/10:10 pace


7/6   5 mile run/9:23 pace


7/8   8 mile run/9:56 pace


7/10   5.2 mile run/9:52 pace


7/13   5 mile run/9:53 pace


7/15   8.1 mile run/10:04 pace


7/17   5.5 mile run/9:35 pace


7/20   5.1 mile run/9:29 pace


7/22   6 mile run/9:33 pace


7/27   5.3 mile run/9:18 pace


7/29   10 mile run/10:06 pace


Now I didn’t count my running that I do on Sundays with my brothers because it’s so slow right now…but just look at that shit…all from deciding…not training…to run faster. The *speed* training didn’t do shit but make me tired and piss me off because I didn’t see any results.


Now my question is…why? Actually..I don’t care…I’m just glad it’s happening.


I hope everyone is having a wonderful week…..and what’s working for you this week?











3 comments:

  1. Your pace is looking good. Bitch away...it seems to work for you, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pace lady :)

    What's working for me is...hopefully, my new shoes and my new running form :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. I want to run like that!!

    I'm averaging around a 10:20-10:30min/mile pace on my long runs outside these days...on the 'mill it's a whole different story though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails