Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Note to Self

Dear Dumbass,



When you are feeling *kinda ok* at the end of your SCHEDULED miles for your long run….stop.
That is all.


Sincerely,
Other Dumbass


So I had 15 miles on tap for this morning according to my plan. I took my car and parked it over by the path and did 5 mile loops….until the end. I packed extra water, another shirt..and for once…being smart…I packed my Mizunos. This was the first long run I was going to attempt with the Frees…it was not wonderful. After the first loop I stopped back by my car and refilled my water..lost the tanktop I was wearing and headed back out again. Some time during that second loop I started feeling one hell of a hotspot on my right foot. I haven’t had issues with blisters in YEARS. One of the many thing I can say about the Mizunos is that they felt fantastic straight out the gate over 300 miles ago and haven’t stopped since. Anyways…I decided that when I got back by my car again I was changing shoes. After that my feet were fine…heel strike be damned. The funny thing is..I don’t really heelstrike anymore…even in the Mizunos.


There I am…coming up on mile 15 and feeling sort of ok. The path is in sight and I know that’s roughly 2 miles around. I look left, I look right…shrug..and head down the path. Now I still felt pretty ok those last two miles..after 15 who’s counting right? But when I got home and got out of my car…holy shit. I thought I was going to die. My poor dogs didn’t know what to make of my bent over hobbling ass. The pain didn’t stop until I was settled in a freezing ice bath and I think that’s only because I went numb.


Anyways…today was only supposed to be 15 miles………I went 17 which I was supposed to do next week. That means I only have to do 15 next week right? Somebody throw me a bone. I miss summer..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails