Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Heading to Dallas

So the end of football season is in sight….and according to..well everybody…we’re going to the super bowl. Do I care? Nope..except that it makes Skip happy..and I don’t even really care about that! What I do care about..is the fact that he took all three kids up to the ex-husbands to watch the game and is planning on doing it again for the super bowl…that my dear friends..I care about very much.



Yesterday I completely bailed on my 3-5 miles easy…and I did it almost without guilt. I just wasn’t feeling it…I also wasn’t feeling much of anything on Friday either..so that’s exactly what I did..nothing. We did have dragon boat practice on Saturday morning which was tiring…so maybe that was my problem. Either way…to punish myself for my sloth…..I decided I had to make it up today…by doing my 3-5 easy plus the 6 I was supposed to do anyways. I didn’t know how I would hold up on a second long run during the same week…but I shouldn’t have worried…it was fine…really good even. I emailed back and forth with Lori who was also battling the dreaded training sloth……fucker must have taken up residence in the neighborhood…and we decided to go to Petrifying Springs to do at least 10 miles. It was clear and bright and completely gorgeous…even ended up being around 20 degrees by the time we were done. We ran trails for the first hour and roads for the second. And I can finally really understand the draw of running with people…it really made the time go by. I never got that with Jeff…probably because he was such a wussy boy that I just wanted to smack him most the time. Lori on the other hand…is a badass. After I took my ass home..she ground out a few more miles at Pets..came home and did a couple more…getting in 16 for the day…go Lori!


So this is my first step back week in my training plan. My long run for this week will only be 8 miles. I have been hitting every training run..or making up for it like today. I have not been hitting my paces for the most part..but that will come. So far I have run a 12 miler, 10 miler, 15 miler and 17 miler this month. My first long run of next month will pick up at the high end of the previous month..so it will be a 17 mile run. As soon as I get my body adjusted to doing these big long runs I plan on adding that 6th day of exercise back in in the form of another cross training day on Fridays. So far I haven’t been able to get that one in on account of recovering from the long run the day before. I’m feeling pretty good though. I’m ready for February and looking forward to the last really shitty month of the winter being over with


Oh..and on the smoking front?


17 days, 8 hours, 13 minutes and 13 seconds smoke free.
347 cigarettes not smoked.
$93.50 and 2 days, 15 hours of your life saved.
Your quit date: 1/6/2011 12:59:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. Damn girl, you have hit some high miles so far - that is KILLER. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails