Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week One Done

I had this whole long post wrote out on Thursday after my completely horrible long run but I deleted it…because I never finished it and by the time I got back to it most of the mad was gone so it didn’t even matter anymore.
Until yesterday…I hadn’t had a decent run in a week. Each one of them sucked for different reasons. This doesn’t usually happen to me. One..two maybe…but not an entire weeks worth. I don’t know if it’s the weather…this whole damn week has been windy and I just hate that. Feels like the cards are stacked against you from the minute you walk out the door. Anyways..it seems to be over. Yesterday was supposed to be 3-5 easy..and ended up being 6.5 easy. I ran into Lori about a half mile from home and knocked out a couple more with her…good stuff..I really enjoy that girl.


My first week of marathon training is complete. I hit each of my runs and each pace except my long run at marathon pace. I missed that by 4 seconds per mile. First time I’ve missed that pace in MONTHS. But that just goes to show you how bad this run was. I did add in a second rest day on Friday because I just didn’t have any go juice and why am I going to do that to myself?


Now my week two schedule is as follows.


Saturday- 3-5 easy
Sunday- 6.5
Monday- cross train
Tuesday -5 miles
Wednesday- Rest
Thursday -15 miles @ marathon pace *hopefully*
Friday- cross train


So here’s what made me awesome this week.


Pushing through each run even though they were crap.
Running at all outside in Wisconsin in the middle of winter...extra awesome.
Not maiming myself or the kids while Skip was gone all week AGAIN!
Making spice cupcakes for Skips work party even though he left me with the kids all week again.


What made you awesome this week? *concentrating on the positive instead of the negative here*

Looking out the window at the neighbors flag I see that the wind is down for a change.  I need to get out there before mother nature decides to slap me again.  Have a great week everyone!





1 comment:

  1. I love this post :D
    Congrats on the necklace!!! I was like wishing and hoping you'd get it! OBVIOUSLY I don't know the other contestants, but I mean, c'mon right? Hahaha! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails