Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Month One Done..or almost.

So today we did lil T’s 6th birthday party…never again. And since one of the little ones is staying the night with us,  I don’t have much time. So I’ll just touch on a few things.



My long run this week was a mere 8 miles….and would have been awesome except for the fact that a school bus driver SOAKED me to the freakin bone at 2 miles in. Too far to turn around and go home…too grown up to follow the asshole down the dead end street where he went to hide and beat his ass. I did get to finally see who has been plowing the path the last two winters and I thanked him..that dude rocks!


Today I had 3-5 easy and I ran in the Frees because my Muzinos were still wet from Thursday. On a run this short they didn’t bother me..maybe that’s the ticket to running in them? I also brought Brian out with me. I don’t ever take him if it’s below 25 degrees and with it being a balmy like 30 some degrees..I put on his sweater and off we went. True to his usual jackass form…he went after every dog we saw and embarrassed me….but it was nice to have him out again. He was one dirty little dog when we got home.


I also got a chance to do a little barefooting today!!!! After I did my three miles I ditched the Frees and headed home…and let me tell you…if you think people look at you strange when you’re running barefoot in decent weather…see what happens when it’s 32 degrees and wet roads. I didn’t even go half a mile but it felt amazing...I’ll take what I can get.


Finally..I am about to close out my first month of marathon training. I have one more run left tomorrow to the tune of 6 or so miles…hopefully with Lori. That will put me at 124 miles for the month. I’m feeling good. I think these step back weeks are going to do the trick of this plan of mine. Next month will be the real test starting with a 17 mile, 19 miler and 22 or so miler. February generally sucks less then January so I’m hoping for some fairly decent weather to complete these runs in. The little ones I could care less about the weather…you can deal with anything for an hour. But 2, 3 plus hours….well lets just say that a little thing not freezing your ass off helps.


And on a last note…


23 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes and 43 seconds smoke free.
465 cigarettes not smoked.
$126.50 and 3 days, 13 hours of your life saved.
Your quit date: 1/6/2011 12:59:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. Stuff your shoes with newspaper when their wet and they'll be as good as new the next day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails