Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Trying to Find that Sweet Spot

To tie my shoes that is..geesh. I have officially had my hours cut at work and it couldn’t have come at a better time. I’m now out at noon on Tuesdays so I’m able to get my 5 or so miles in well before the children get home from school. No getting up at the crack of dawn..no taking time from the family at night..perfect. So while the other girls were getting ready to shovel their lunches in between patients…I was in a DOT compliant bathroom changing into my running gear so I could head out into the sunshine. All that being said…this run was not epic. I tied the Frees too tight and just couldn’t find the way I wanted them laced…leading to not one…not two…but probably closer to six stops to retie because they were making my toes go numb. They have a funky lacing pattern…kinda diagonal instead of straight down the center of my foot. This led to me having issues for all 5 miles. I ran my old stomping grounds…back to my Pleasant Prairie softball days…I wonder if they still do that. So 16 miles in…they’re still ok. And if I can finally get them tied how I want them without having to stop over and over..I’ll be a happy girl. I didn’t get in any of this run barefoot…the roads were wet from our snow last night and wet roads and my nekkid feet spell disaster…although I did get my gravel marching in last night after my Tae-bo session.



On another sort of running related note…I woke to the loveliest surprise this morning. As usual…I woke Dom up and stumbled to the coffee maker..and then stumbled over to the computer. I opened up blogger and saw a post from my partner in half Katie. A heartfelt, heartwarming, humbling post dedicated to me…how cool is that? This sweet girl has listened to my rantings and ramblings for about a year now and she never ceases to amuse and warm me...if you haven't checked out her blog..do so.   Thank you my friend…you absolutely made my day.


Have a happy Tuesday all!

1 comment:

  1. weeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! aww I MEANT EVERY WORD times twenty!! Haha! I'm seriously SUPER stoked to read about this journey you're on though :) And about those laces...that's the worst. I had a similar problem with my kayanos...the laces to the side kinda. It was suppose to relieve pressure on the tops of the foot, but it just got weird for me. Minor problem that sorta creates a major annoyance. Like wearing shorts that ride up and you have to stop every two seconds to find a way to MAKE...IT...STOP! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails