Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, March 3, 2011

22 mile Train Wreck

Actually it wasn’t too bad. This was the text I sent Skip when I got home.


*22 miles, I hate running, I’m dropping the marathon and never doing this again.*


He didn’t even flinch. Skip rocks my world...soo accustomed to my nonsense.


This has been a good week. Tate and I did a 45 minute Tae-bo on Monday followed by a 15 minute Ab Yoga thing from OnDemand on tv…it was HORRIBLE!! My abs are still sore and it’s Thursday!! I will definitely give that another go.


Tuesday I ran after work at the hospital..nice easy paced run and I found a wallet! It must have been buried under a snow bank for a really long time because I couldn’t even salvage one thing from it and also couldn’t figure out whom it belonged to. No money..unreadable i.d.


Yesterday was a rest day and that brings us to today. I knew I had to knock it out fairly early because lil T had a half day and would be home right after noon. So as soon as I put her on the bus I headed out. I got my SPI belt in the mail Tuesday and I loaded it up last night and wore it today….and I have to say…I didn’t love it. It bounced..and I had to dink with the damn thing for 22 freakin miles. Maybe it works if you’re a dude and don’t have hips…or maybe I just have to get used to it…because I’ve never run with anything around my waist before. Ah well…I’ll try it again before I decide. So I had 21 miles on my schedule and ended up with 22. At about mile 15 I checked my watch and realized I was going to really have to shove the shit along if I was going to make it home by the time lil T got off the bus. I got there right behind her as it was and she was PISSED! It was a decent run…recovery wasn’t bad…certainly better then the last two 20’s I’ve done….so it’s working..I’m getting used to it…just like Vincent said…LOL.


So that brings me to roughly two months or 9 weeks left till the marathon. The long runs for the remainder of this training session are as follows.


26.2 miles
15 miles
14 miles *half marathon race instead this week*
26.2 miles
13 miles


You will notice that there are not 9 runs there…only 5. The other weeks include the taper and step back weeks to recover. Another thing is those 26.2 mile runs may not happen. 24 maybe..but I don’t think the 26 is necessary. I know I said I had to know….but pushing myself up over 20 multiple times is going to be sufficient I think. When all is said and done I will have done 5 or 6 runs in the 20 plus mile range…and I think that’s plenty. If I feel like doing the full 26 miles..I will…if I don’t…I won’t.
I just don’t want to be house bound and unable to walk for 2 days after my marathon. I have a life to lead and shit to do.


And my ADD thought for the week are…


*I’m only working a half day tomorrow and I won’t be sorry to see that place in the rearview come 12 o’clock tomorrow.
*Vincent is turning 15 next week…how is that even possible?
*I am running my first virtual 5K this weekend…I’m excited!
*I wish I could run with Lori on long runs…I bet they would suck considerably less.
*I told my mom today that my dad better be at the finish line because I think this is the only marathon I will do…too damn time consuming.
*I’m still not smoking..and I miss it every day…I wonder when that will stop?


Happy Thursday!!!

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'll admit I haven't read far enough back into your blog to see how many marathons you've run, but honestly, I'd never run a 26.2 training run. In fact, I don't run over 20.

    Good job on the 22. I've had long runs like that where I start running right after drop off and barely make pick up LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be my first marathon....and I know what I'm doing is not the norm at all....trust me!! I appreciate the imput!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails