Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Monday, April 25, 2011

100 Barefoot Miles and a Quick Note

Yeah…I hit that this Sunday. I’m back up to 1.1 miles barefoot out of every run I do. I’m not risking any more with this little marathon looming in ….yep…less then two weeks.



My taper is going ok. This training cycle has taken a lot out of me…as in…I am so OVER training right now. My longrun last week was a mere 15 miles at marathon pace. I almost hit it. The pace I need to hit to run the race in my goal time is just so damn awkward for me. Basically I’m taking every run till the race and doing marathon pace runs..just to finally nail down that pace. And honestly..I still don’t think it will happen. I’ve almost resigned myself to that thought..but you never know come race day.


Alright…I’m back off to crawl back under my taperrock…peace out.

1 comment:

  1. I was LITERALLY going to ask you how your tapering was going today and I found this :) It seems to me that, particularly when marathon-training, the tapering is the worst part and I'm SURE you're like, can the race just BE here already?!?! This last week will either crawl by or it'll be here before you know it! Let's hoping the latter ;)

    I think you'll surprise yourself race day!! Right now the only goal you're running for is a pace and to keep your fitness at the same level before the marathon. Both boring goals for the time being haha! Race Day you'll have a crap load of stuff to get you rockin' out there!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails