Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, April 14, 2011

21 Miles Brings the Taper

Last.Long.Run


Anyways…so it’s over…the hard part..except the race of course. I planned 20 for today, finished 21 because I just hadn’t had quite enough of the 38 degree weather and howling winds. What the hell is wrong with me anyways? But for miles 9-12 there was a stellar dude making the same laps I was doing in the park….but in a wheel chair. And I thought to myself…how can I complain…even in my head…when that dude would probably kill to be able to run this 20 miles I’ve tied myself to for today.


Long runs make me grumpy. Skip being gone, my physical exhaustion and my kids being…well..themselves is just a recipe for a bad time. I have a pretty low bullshit tolerance to begin with and when they act like morons when I’m already tired…it’s not pretty. But tonight rejuvenated all of us. I took everyone down to Kenosha so V could play in the band with Papa at a nursing home. Dominic stayed with them and hung out with Grandma and lil T and I went to see her oldest friend. I don’t know that I’ve ever mentioned her…but there is a very wonderful woman that has been in my life since I was 15 and her name is Jackie. I got pregnant with lil T while Jackie was pregnant with Marty…so they were destined to be friends you see. And they have been. Jackie babysat for lil T from the time she was very small until she went to preschool at 3 years old…and our babies were stuck like glue the entire time. Lil T used to pick out Martys clothes every day when she got there and she has always led him around like a puppy…not in a mean way…..she adores Marty and he her. Circumstances being what they are and life just getting in the way…well..the kids haven’t seen each other in at least a year…and tonight we remedied that. T was a bit shy at first…but not Marty. After about 10 minutes it was like the last year or so didn’t exist and they were the same loving little kids that they always were to each other. Just beautiful to see…and I’m resting so happily tonight.


So the taper…yeah…I haven’t really tweeked that out yet…but I am sooo ready for a break…at least from the big ones. The totals you ask…or not? Two 20 mile runs, one 21 mile run, one 22 mile run and a 24 mile run. Total miles for this cycle…438.86…with 3 weeks left. Five runs at 20 plus miles…yeah..I think I’m ready.


22 days

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of mileage...taper is going to feel real nice :)
    Great story about Lil T

    ReplyDelete
  2. 438.86!!! mmmmyeah I'd say you're ready ;) I love that wheelchair guy!! Sometimes I tell myself "at least you CAN run"...and I'm always amazed by those crazy people who don't have an arm that climb Mt Everest. ANYWAY! Enjoy the taper!!! (Always my favorite part of training haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it takes seeing someone else out there, slogging away in what we perceive as a more challenging circumstance, to bring it back into perspective, eh?

    I always remind myself that at least I have freedom to make the choice to run - there are many women in the world who don't even get that option. Nevermind the people who are missing limbs, are blind, etc.

    Wow on your mileage in the coming weeks. I am tired just reading about it. You kick ass!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails