Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Finally Hit It

Goal pace that is. But still kept banking time every mile…so I guess I really didn’t? This was my last run of any real kind of distance. Marathon in 8 days….ran 10 miles today under marathon goal pace. The key to finally not blowing myself up? Pace band. Runners world has these rad things and you just enter your goal time and it prints out a mile by mile time that you need to hit to get your goal. I wore one today and the only problem I had was trying to keep myself where I needed to be…but at least this gave me a pretty good idea. 10 miles at a 10:06 average pace. And I felt great when I was done…and if I could hold it for 10 miles..what’s 16 more right?



The kids are off this week for spring break. Dominic has his first official race this Saturday and is very excited. V is also running this…and is very pissed off at me because I told him I wasn’t going to pay for a race he hasn’t trained for. This is the one he took third in last year…and he has big plans to win it this year. He’s going to do some work for grandma today to earn his entrance fee. He’s done little to no running and I’ve kept my yap shut except for telling him I wasn’t paying for it….so we’ll see what he can do. I don’t think Dom has a goal time..just a finish time. He’s trained exclusively in his Skeltoes *ghetto Vibrams* and is feeling pretty confidant. He did his last run last night and is feeling ready. Saturdays forecast is calling for thunder storms and a hi of 59…which is just fine…except the wind is calling for 23mph winds..and it’s always way winder out there…that part will suck. Either way…I’m excited to watch these guys race and to be a spectator for a change.
8 Days

1 comment:

  1. Honestly I can't wait to hear about the boys' race...and to be a spectator this time? Sounds like a blast!!

    YES race band!!! I used one of those at the Chicago Half and it was a Godsend...well sort of...I was at least two minutes ahead of my targeted finish time and that came back to bite my ass in the end!!

    Enjoy this final week as a official "Marathon Virgin" ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails