Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Seriously?

I’m sick..again. I have managed to stay pretty much sick free all winter and now in the last 2 weeks I had a 24 hour flu…complete with vomiting and me calling into work for like the second time in 10 years…and now as of yesterday morning…I have a hellacious sore throat and head cold. Oh well…better now then in a week right? And this will insure I don’t blow my taper because I feel too awful to train hard…HA! God knows what he’s doing I suppose…and knows me all too well.

I ran with Lori this morning…a beautiful VERY windy 6 mile with the last two barefoot. The boys ended up having to help their dad move this weekend and since they failed to mention their race to their Dad I made them go and help him…and not race. I kind of felt bad about doing it…but if I don’t teach them responsibility…who will? And 5K’s are a dime a dozen around here…there’s always another one.


So with a week before my marathon I’m feeling burnt. I don’t get the taper tantrums that you read so much about…maybe just because I’m too damn tired to care…and now sick to boot. I feel like I may have over trained…and like I peeked weeks ago and I’m going to blow my race. But hopefully these is just my VERY overactive mind dickin with me. I also dreamed last night that my race was in Paris and I lost my pace group when I went into a place to pee…and never found the race again. Weird. There are no pace groups for my marathon and it’s in Kenosha..

6 days

2 comments:

  1. blaaaaaaaaaaaah that totally SUCKS!!! and yeah I obviously sympathize ;) I'm sure you'll feel way better by the race though, so not too much to worry about. And hey...did you read Beth's recent post about her husband's first marathon? Even if you DON'T do as well as you "thought" "trained for" "etc" there's no doubt in my mind you'll finish. PS the freaking marathon is the freaking TRAINING...I'm far more impressed with these past few months. Ok I'll be impressed when you cross the finish line too, but SERIOUSLY girl...you're good!!! :D (Sidebar: I would've done the same thing if I had kids!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like taper madness has set in...on top of the sucky flu! Can't wait to read all about it, cause I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails