Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, April 3, 2011

33 Days and Another 20

I have consumed 2 mangos in the last 12 hours….and the third is sitting on my counter mocking me…but I know it’s fate. I love this time of year when the fruit finally starts NOT sucking. Yum…I’m going to go peel that thing and eat it as soon as I’m done here.



So my Thursday long run of 15 miles turned into 20 miles of foot feeling fineness…score! That puts me at 2*20 milers, a 22 mile run and a 24 mile run in this training cycle. I have a final long run of 22 or so miles 3 weeks out from the marathon and that’s it for my biggies. Am I crazy? Probably. I will have run 5 runs at 20 plus miles….although never the full 26 like I planned. But getting up to that 24 miles made me realize that two more mile on two different occasions wouldn’t make that big of a difference. What it also made me realize that topping out at 20 miles would not have prepared ME for a marathon…and sure the hell not only doing it once. But that’s me…I’m psycho like that.


Rewind to Wednesday night. Everyone bailed on going to the running clinic so I drug my trusty little brother who looks more like an convict then any kind of runner.. with me. At least with him with me I never have to worry about people talking to me.


Kevin ended up giving a WONDERFUL, medically backed, non-hippy presentation on the benefits of barefoot running. So needless to say…he left with his tires intact. He got shitswarmed by a million people afterwards so I waited till Friday….stalked his schedule…and called him when I knew he had 45 minutes patient free…and told him so. It was nice…I’ve never been particularly impressed with this dude and it’s always nice to remind myself that looks are VERY deceiving and you really don’t know shit about anybody.


So that’s my week in a nutshell. I’m going to go inhale some veggie fajitas..I’ve been experimenting with my own seasonings and leave the mango safe for now. It’s a blustery day here…and now that I’m in I’m staying in.


33 Days

4 comments:

  1. I looooooooooove in season mangos. I'm pretty sure I could eat my body weight in them. hahahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think anyone who can log five 20+ mile runs in a training cycle is ready for a marathon, and I'm glad you actually got to test and train the way YOU wanted to in order to gain that confidence. I'm pretty sure half (if not more) of the battle is confidence.
    PS I got new shoes FINALLY! More in email :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that the running seminar was great!! I was wondering how it went...I didn't even leave work till 8:30 that night (UGH) so no way was I gonna make it - but thanks for the invite!

    You are awesome for maintaining such a tough training schedule! I think you are definitely ready for your race - and even better, YOU feel better and ready for the race too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you!. Thanks for voting, praying, running barefoot (so intriguing) and writing this blog, and doing Yoga. Love your tag line about obessessed/motivated.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails