Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Monday, May 31, 2010

May Mileage and Memorial Day

Total miles for May – 127.75

Total hours running- 25 hours 8 minutes
Total hours exercise- 39 hours 8 minutes


That sounds like a lot doesn’t it? I put in almost a 40 hour work week worth of exercise…awesome! This completes the first full month of getting crazy strong. I’ve successfully upped my strength training to three sessions a week lasting one hour each. And I’m not dying! I can really feel it in my running as well..or maybe not so much my running but my recovery time from running. Not much is fazing me lately. My long runs are not wiping me out and I can just ‘feel’ more power…as lame as that sounds. I was discussing this yesterday with Traci and the rest of my Sunday girls on their second 5 mile run. She has hit a plateau in her weight loss and was asking for suggestions. Mine was strength training…sighting how muscles burn more calories at rest, will help prevent injury in her running..and make her a stronger runner. She didn’t seem to be buying it…..but hopefully…she’ll give it a go. They did amazing yesterday! Our pace was the fastest we’d ever done together…and they felt really good at the end. They seem to be excited about Lighthouse and two out of three of them are already signed up. I’m excited for them to see what a ‘real’ race is like.


So Memorial Day…I love this holiday…and not just because both Skip and I are off. Although I have no military in my family….I have the deepest respect and admiration for those that dedicate their lives and lost their lives in order to see that my life and the lives of my family..are safe and free. There is no bigger responsibility…and no greater honor..then to be able to devote a day to these amazing people.


On that note….lil T and I are off to put little flags all over our front yard…and finish the preparations for the cookout that our fallen have made possible.


Have a safe and wonderful Memorial day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails