Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bad Brian, Stupid People..and Barefoot Miles

I love running in the fall evenings..and I hate running in the fall evenings…with Brian. There are so many other dogs out this time of day that our runs are usually miserable and by the time we’re done I never want to see him again. He acts like such a shithead and just looses it when we pass another dog. He is 17 pounds of small man complex…and it drives me nuts.



Onwords.


I have consistently been splitting my runs…the first part of the run in my shoes…then I loose them for the last 2 plus miles. On Sunday I went to pick up the boys and ran in the lovely hilly town of Hartland, Wi…at least I think that’s what it’s called. I think I probably looked pretty tardley running down the bike path barefoot carrying my 100 dollar running shoes under my arm…but whatever. I had a first on this run…and very stupid couple with their very stupid little dog were coming towards me….I stayed as far as I could to the side but they still…while I was running mind you…let their dog on it’s little retractable leash…lung over to sniff me. Really people? WTF makes you think I want your dog near me…let alone while I’m running with no shoes and trying to avoid rocks? What made this worse…though I don’t think they knew he was coming….but there was a biker coming up behind them..trying to pass..and their little PookieWoo or whatever the hell his name might have been…lunged right in dudes path to get to me. This could have been a catastrophic for all involved if shit had gone down about 2 seconds differently. If people would just give a tiny bit of consideration for others…this world would be such a different place.  And I have to say...Brian at his WORST...has never gotten near another dog OR person!


I love it though…the barefoot running. I feel like I’m getting stronger and I really believe it’s improving my shod running..the form of it…the way I’m landing is more mid foot and not so much on the outsides of my feet..in shoes. What does that make me then….a hybrid runner? I don’t see ever giving up the shoes completely…although who knows what the future holds…but I can see myself getting to the point of doing everything but my longruns without shoes. This brings me to the thoughts of winter again. I’m a pretty badass chic and there wasn’t much of anything that kept me inside last year….so where does that leave me with my barefoot running? I have no treadmill….and really don’t want one…but am seriously considering it so that I don’t loose what I’m now gaining. Decisions decisions. I’m also thinking of finding a Turkey Trot 5K to do barefoot…if I’m up to it by then.


In ever present other news..I have almost talked myself into joining Skip in San Francisco the first week of November. He has to go out for a conference and I would love to get back out the West Coast for a couple days. What would I do for all those hours while he is at said conference you ask? Absolutely nothing…..I answer…nothing at all if I can help it.


Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. I HATE people who let their dogs loose JUST as I "happen" to run by. It's like they do it on purpose!! Once I was running in the wee hours of the morning and it was still dark and this woman KNEW I was running up toward her and her dog, but sure enough, she had barely any hold on the retractable leash and he lunged at me and caused me to trip and fall. GRRR makes me so mad!!! She barely uttered a sorry!!!

    Ok I'm done :)

    Nice work on the BFR!!!! Wish I could be right up there with ya. I'm in my own mess of a running world. Keep it up though and I'm sure you can do a 5K in no time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails