Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Flying Solo and 50 miles Barefoot

So I shipped Skip off to San Fran this morning and will be joining him in the AM tomorrow. For some reason I’m not really nervous…YET. I plan on hitting my mom up for a few Xanax in case I loose it on the plane. Leave me on solid ground and I can rule the world….put me at the mercy of a pilot and I just go nuts.
Today is Halloween and as of last night Tinky was ready to come out of her skin with excitement. She’s going to be a blue fairy. Hopefully the weather cooperates and it remains decent out. I have 9 bags of candy at the ready and the boys are going to take her around for a couple hours. I need to pack her up because she’s going to be bunking with Xanax Grandma while we’re gone.


On the barefoot front.


I have not worn shoes to run in over a week. I attempted my longest barefoot distance to date on Thursday and ended up with 5.25 miles. I had a tooth out on Monday and by Thursday probably could have done a real long run but decided to keep the impact on the face minimal and go shoeless. It was good…I was sore…but from using and building muscles and not from my feet. I really feel like I’m getting the hang of this and I truly love it. It was about 47 degrees on Thursday and after a few minutes my feet weren’t cold. I’m starting to venture out away from paved paths and hitting the streets instead. This has posed no problems yet. I wonder what the winter will hold for this…I still have not bought a treadmill and Wisconsin winters are hard!! I guess I’ll wait and see how long I can hold out.


So I have either an 18 or 20 miler planned while in Cali….but if I don’t get that in it’s not the end of the world. I don’t start marathon training till January so I still have all of November to get that last big run in before I scale back. Our hotel is 2 blocks from the ocean so I’m sure I can get some decent runs in. I really want to run across the Golden Gate and have built enough barefoot base that I could run an out and back on it *almost* 4 miles without shoes.


On that note…I need to get my arse going as I still have tons to do and my time before the kids wake up is dwindling. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails