Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

38 Days and an Unwonked Foot

I don’t feel like blogging. I also don’t feel like cleaning, driving, taking care of my family or working. I think I’m going to give all these things up for the remainder of lent. I’m not Catholic…can I still do lent?


I ran a whopping 10 miles over the course of this weekend. And I felt pretty ok. I could still feel my foot..and although it didn’t hurt at all…it felt different from the other one. So I waited again…and ran 3 miles today…and they felt incredible….and I’m fairly sure I’m fixed. I have a 15 miler on Thursday and that will be the true test…but in my gut…I feel that it’s going to be ok. Tomorrow night I have a running clinic thingy that is being put on by the PT department from my work and medical director for my marathon…and I’m going to sit down with the good Doctor…who seeing as he is the medical director of my marathon…has a moral obligation to get me to the starting line injury free and awesome. He’s also the dude that got me back up and going after blowing my knee out two summers ago…he’s a runner...and he’s pretty adorable. They are also speaking on barefoot running…and I am very curious to see what they have to say about it. The one who is speaking on that is an Athletic trainer and fellow runner…his name is Kevin…and I will look at him in a whole new light if he speaks favorably. And if he does not..I know what he drives and will slash his tires..:).

My second half marathon is a little over a week away. I’m not particularly excited about it as I am treating it as a marathon pace run. I think I’ve convinced Skip to stay home because the more attention that is paid to this race the more likely I am to blow it and hurt myself. I’m good for that kind of dumb shit. I’m hoping to get a little better idea of a finishing time for my marathon. I’m been taking it real easy on my training runs so I’m not 100 percent that I’ll be able to hit and keep that pace going for 26 miles. This will help me know if I can do it for at least half. We’ll see.

And on a final note..I ‘think’ I may have found my latest running conquest. I’m not going to say anything else about it right now because I don’t want to jinx it…but there it is.


Hope everyone is having a great week!


38 days

2 comments:

  1. Is your ortho Brian W.??

    Oooh, do tell about the new running quest though - I'm so curious!

    Glad to hear that the foot is feeling better...I just did some certification on ART (active release techniques) which is been proven to work well with all sorts of sports issues; it's the only medical stuff allowed during Ironman events!! I hope that the doc will get you on that line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My my...you do get around my town!! Yes...it's Brian.

    I've done some reading about the ART stuff....wanna go tomorrow night? I reserved 3 slots and only have myself and one other going.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails