Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Want some Cheesse with that Whine?

Better….sort of…on the mend anyways. I’ve decided..with the guidance and advice of both Dr. F and Lori…to stop freaking the hell out. In the words of…well…both of them really…you’ve done the work..take it easy this week and you’re body will remember what to do come Saturday.” Good nuff. The weather is threatening to suck..but I can deal with anything except hot and it’s not supposed to be that. A high of less then 50 and thunderstorms….HA! Mother Nature can bite the big one. I’ve done sub-zero…you can’t do shit to me.



So I have Dom tweeking my play list. I had each of the kids pick a song to put on there for me. They didn’t tell me what they picked and I had Dom just put the on there. There are people in my life that are with me on most of my runs…my kids are among these people..and I wanted them to be able to pick something THEY liked for me to listen to on THIS run.


Baring him being in the hospital…my Dad will be there when I finish this race. Good thing too because he is 100 percent of the reason behind the timing of my doing my first marathon. Even if he doesn’t ‘get’ why I do it…he is so very proud of my running. Which moves me to tears because lord knows I haven’t given him much reason to be proud..and in spite of that..he has been. His faith in me is much like Skips…blind. Me being unable to do something doesn’t even come into the equation. When I question….he has no doubts. When I say maybe..he says ‘of course’. How refreshing to have that kind of backing in my corner…how could I possibly fail?


2 days

3 comments:

  1. I love the part about your dad! I feel the same way about mine! Every marathon I've done, he has been sitting on the finish line (literally). There is no other feeling like it! Give your dad an extra hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this!! Your dad, your boys, Skip, everything! I can't be MORE excited for you tomorrow and wish it was on tape or something haha! Sending super awesome runner vibes to you! EFF YOU T'STORMS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Michelle...he has been at several 5K's including the one I did with my brothers last fall...but this is his first and probably only big one he'll be there for. Can't WAIT!

    Katie..you will be on the recieveing end of race texts.....wishing you were running some with me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails