Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Changing Seasons

So I’ve been planning…it’s one of my specialties you see….along with worrying, eating, not sleeping…whatnot. But here’s the loose one.



Summer-


Get CRAZY strong. Really concentrate on my weight training so my body can withstand the stress of marathon training. I don’t want to just finish and die….I want to finish strong..and be able to walk the next day. I don’t want my training to be a painful nightmare…not pleasant…but not horrible either. I want to finish in under 5 hours…and I will. I’ll keep my mileage around 30 per week…give or take…but I’m not going to stress about it....but I will up my weight training to no less then 2 days a week for an hour a day....more along the lines of 3 days a week.   Not going to try to up my mileage…just keep it steady.


I don’t have much on the race front this summer. After the 5K this weekend I only have 2 other races planned. Lighthouse which is a WONDERFUL race for anyone that’s interested *Katie that means you*. There’s a 10 mile and a 4 mile. The girls I’ve been working with on Sunday are on board for the 4 mile…I’ll do the 10. Check out the website *here*. And I also have a 10K planned…the Firecracker in Kenosha. I have my reasons for doing this one…but one of them is that I want to run in Kenosha before the marathon.


Take the family on a roadtrip that is NOT ‘skip finding a new job’ related.


Work on this Godforsaken house that I hate so very much. If I’m going to be stuck in it…maybe I can make it more tolerable? It needs to be painted again. The kids and I put in 13 bags of mulch around the bushes in the front the other day. Today lil T and I are going to start scraping the trim on the garage…I already bought the paint. I want to pull out all the landscape rock in the back and do something.


Fall-


Enjoy it…revel in the beauty of running during this season. Watch V play his first season of football. Watch my baby start kindergarten. Watch Dom do whatever it is that Dom wants to do. Continue with getting CRAZY strong if I’m not by then…HA!


Quit smoking….now there’s a dirty little secret that only 1 of you knew about me. I don’t smoke tons…but I do smoke..and need to leave it alone for good by the time I start my marathon training. I quit when I had surgery…for awhile. But little by little got back into it. I know my running would be 100 times easier on me….and maybe putting it here will keep me to it.


Winter-


Start my training the mid to the end of January. I found a plan that I think I can live with…..and with a small amount of tweeking I think it will be perfect. January and February are generally the worst months around here so my real work won’t start till it’s sorta warming up again. I will still be off Thursdays next year so I’m toying with the idea of making that my long run day. That will free up my weekends and keep the running impact on my family minimal. Plus lil T will be in kindergarten…so I won’t have to worry about her those days.


Anyways….those are my thoughts for the day. Hope everyone enjoys the last day of sun for a bit. This will be my 3rd time running this 5K this weekend…and this is the 3rd year in a row that the weather has been awful…what’s up with that?

3 comments:

  1. Road trip - Reno
    kindergarten - I know right?
    smoking - *cough* let me know the secret
    painting - see road trip
    marathon - you'll kick ass like you do at anything you do
    Football - yikes I would not be able to watch V (or any child I know) from being so terrified. I am making myself sick with worry with 15 leaving tomorrow to go "out of town" over night to play ball.

    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you on my [awful awful awful] run today! I was going to msg you and check in ;)

    I love your plan! If I weren't so grossed out by running [see awful, etc above], I'd probably be more gushy about it ;) Seriously though, I think it's probably important to get the body going strength-wise to tackle something so intense...and you'll probably make the training that much easier on yourself (I used the term "easy" not really meaning "easy" at all haha!)

    The Lighthouse run would be awesome! That's the day of my best friend's 30th birthday extrav and I was GOING to do the Vince Lombardi 5K around here that day, but not even sure I will because of the b'day stuff. We have to work out all the plans (she lives outside of Chicago but is coming up here for the event as most of her friends are here). Anyway I digress! I'll let you know!! (Again races are heebing me out today...[see awful once again]) Good luck this weekend!!!!! I'll be thinking of you guys during my 5K in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with quitting smoking...it's so incredibly hard but you can DEFINITELY do it!

    I hear ya on the weather thing...I was planning on doing a 10K on Saturday but may totally wimp out if it's raining. ;)

    And I love the "crazy strong" bit - I'm planning on doing something similar myself!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails