Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Road ID and my Last Long Run

So I headed out this morning to complete my last long run before my half. I ran down to the Root River and knocked out 10 miles. An interesting thing…was that for the first time ever….I saw not one…not two…but 14 other runners this morning…*yes I counted them*. I have ‘heard’ that there is a Racine Running club that meets Saturday mornings and I’m thinking this HAD to be them. A nice group…not one of them didn’t smile and say ‘hey’ to me….the lone little runner chic with my new hand held Nathans water bottle….which rocked btw and held not only my cellphone in it’s little pouchy thingy….but an energy gel as well. 



Anyways…I’ve also been thinking about getting a RoadID. I know I should already have one…what with the mileage I put in and the fact that I’m usually running alone without ANY i.d…..but I know a lot of things I should do and just haven’t yet. I actually went to their site tonight and built one…but ended up not buying it because I was thinking by this time next week…we ‘should’ know if Skip got that job and we’ll have decided if we’re moving….so the ICE (in case of emergency) number will have to change….so I held off.


On that note…here’s a few pics of my darling brood from our trip….for your viewing pleasure.

My Biggest Fan
Why I run...or..what I run from?
Davenport, IA and their running store
The Mississippi

The John Deere Museum..oh yes...I went there...much cooler then it sounds.
Little beast....kept us all up the first night.  3 AM and asking if it was time to go swimming.
And she finally konks out...2 minutes from home.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hubby got me a RoadID for Christmas...finally got around to having it sizes for my wrist. Now the problem is that I just have to REMEMBER to put it on before I leave the house!! D'oh!

    Great job on your last long run...mine will be next weekend before the race!! Good luck at your half-marathon this coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on the last long run! Cute brood...love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking of "treats" to buy myself after completing the Half, the Road ID being one (of MANY haha!) Anyway, I love these photos...such a cute family!!!

    Good luck on the light taper week and not wanting to throw up every time you think of this Saturday (maybe that's just me). PS I hope you got something in the mail!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin all the piccys! Tinky is SO mama all over again...
    xoxo
    KC

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails