Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Friday, April 9, 2010

Ready

So tomorrow it is…hell or high water…I’ll be there.



I took the kids and went to the *expo* over at the packet pickup place. I use the term expo lightly because….can you really count like 1 booth with some flyers as an expo? So my bib number is 100 which I think is a good sign as that’s how much weight I’ve lost. 2.5 years ago I never could have dreamed of doing this…never would have dreamed of putting myself out there for the world to see and sweat, puke, crawl , drag myself to a finish line. Also picked up my tech shirt and was told I’m supposed to wear it tomorrow during the race….oh really? I will only put that ugly thing on if they hold me down and force me….good luck with that folks…it’ll be like trying to put panties on a wildcat.


So I’m ready…as ready as I’m getting. I sewed a keychain inside the waistband of my shorts so I have something to hook my little bag that holds my racegels, extra battery and mp3. Not sure how that’s going to workout but I guess I’ll find out tomorrow. I have to lace that chiptime thingy into my shoes…maybe I’ll make Skip do that when he gets home. My Garmin is charged…all I need is some sleep.


So the plan is to wake up around 6 AM, eat something, shower and get dressed. I plan to walk to the start line…which is under a mile from my house..that way my muscles will be sort of warm by the time I get there. I’m curious to see how this differs from my last race…which was 10 months ago….man that sounds like a long time. As long as I finish under 2 hours 30 minutes I’ll be happy…beyond that..I don’t know. I feel calm..rested. I haven’t run in two days and tapered as I saw fit.


So tonight I read and roll over….tomorrow…I run.


Sending out excellent wellness vibes to the shores of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee….good luck Katie…here’s to dragging our stupid sick asses to the start line in the AM…see ya on the flipside.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :) I am looking forward to your report. :) (I am also glad that I messed up the day of the expo. I had thought about driving up there to check it out even though I am not running the race. Sounds like I would have been a bit dissapointed.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is me BEFORE the flip side and my stomach is ALLLLL flippy!!! Like I said before, I'm SO glad you're running one today too so I have someone to be excited for! I cannot WAIT to hear your side of things!!! Sending you LOTS of super rad running vibes! You've worked SO HARD, I know you'll take this thing by storm! (And it'll all be over soon haha!) ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails