Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, July 11, 2010

4 Miles w/ the boys

How lucky am I to be responsible for populating the world with more runners?



I picked up Paul and Bruce this morning and we headed down to the lake. I also drug poor V out of bed and Brian as well. It was a beautiful morning…not too hot..not too cold.


Paul put in a bit of time during the week on the treadmill at his gym…Bruce..not so much. We did 4 miles today and rocked 3 minute runs with 2 minute walk recoveries. Our time was 1 hour 30 seconds for the 4 miles. I think next week we’ll only run the 5K but work on upping our running times. Told them both that these Sundays will go a lot easier if they put in some time during the week. It should only take another week or so for this to sink in….HA!


I am so completely proud of them! I don’t know if they like it yet…but given enough time…they’ll either fall in love..or at least learn to respect it…I’ll take either. But I love to watch Paul especially…the one who swore he couldn’t run 3 feet….complete a 4 mile run..and not die. Can you smell that? That's possibilities...and racing in their future.
Paul...can you say Clydesdale?
On a walk break..2 miles in...
This was about 2 seconds before Paul shoved V in the water.  I love running with men!
From left to right...Bruce, V, Paul and Brian.  4 miles...DONE!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Love that you are inspiring others!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool that you're "dragging" others into the race with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SO MUCH like Paul. V favors bruce ALOT! Poor V, tell Paul he can shove me into the lake ANYTIME! ;)
    mmmmmmmmm
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. "How lucky am I to be responsible for populating the world with more runners?" This sums it up perfectly! I don't know if there's anything more satisfying, running-wise, than inspiring others. Sure PRs are great, but this is totally tops. ESPECIALLY when they're your family!!! Excellent job to all you guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails