Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Friday, July 23, 2010

Keyes Lake 2010

So I’m alive….sort of. Been busy….recovering from vacation and all that. Florence, WI was lovely…quaint and small and just right. The campground was a bit over 4 miles out of town and perfect…exactly what we wanted. We spent four days in a part of the state that didn’t even look like the Wisconsin I know. We drove out even farther on one of the days to see two different waterfalls. These ‘roads’ that led to them were something else. Let’s just say that the underside of my Charger will never be the same.

V and Lil T on a rowboat.
This is how Skip spent much of the trip.
Kiss the fish Tinky.
V and Dom near the falls.
There was actually a fully functioning phone booth in Florence...and I stuffed my entire family into it and took their picture.  Can anyone say Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure?



I still did my running….I don’t stop for much of anything it seems. I did my ‘long’ run on Thursday the morning after we got there. Let me just say that this is terrain I am not used to….very hilly….very unlike Racine. But I almost hit my sub-10s and I was happy with that. I did my second run on Saturday morning and clocked my very and I mean VERY first sub-9 minute mile…couldn’t believe it. Maybe northern Wisconsin agrees with me.


I ran with both my brothers and V again on Sunday morning. They’re doing amazingly well..not that I’m surprised….but I think they are. I know Paul logged some other miles this week….not sure about Bruce though.


Check this out..makes me look like I still have cleavage!

In shoe news….if you recall…I bought the insurance the last time I purchased shoes which was in February. I replaced them once already at no cost to me…and I sent my current pair in to be replaced today. Now I just have to hope that back-up pair will hold up for the next 10 days of so till my Dicks card come in the mail and I can hop my happy ass over there and get a new pair. Hmmm…do I go with my ASICS or try the unknown.


So the big weekend plan is an either 8 or 9 mile run in the AM at a 10 minute or less pace. Then onto school supply shopping. Three kids, three different schools….Lord help me. Hope everyone else has an equally entertaining weekend!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails