Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dragon Boat Festival 2010

It was good…..we didn’t do well…but we had fun. I think out of the 38 teams…we were..like… 35th.



I started out the morning with a 5 mile run down to the festival which was at the Racine lakefront. I planned on taking it easy but my pace just seems to be settling into the high 9 minute mile range….which is mad cool. It was a warm morning but I felt pretty good when I got down there. I had about 25 minutes to change and relax before our first race which was around 9:30. We were up against the Pink Paddlers and somebody else..and let me just say…these ladies ROCK! They’re team is comprised of all breast cancer survivors and they chicked us like nobodies business. There was even one lady that was quite obviously still going through chemo. I can’t even imagine…wow.


So we took 3rd in that race……and 3rd in our next race….and 2nd in our final race…so we did end up beating somebody..LOL!! I didn’t expect to do well…and honestly…out of the 20 people that paddled…only about 6 of us had ever raced before. I hope I don’t ever have to see video of those races because it would just be embarrassing I’m sure. I like running better…just me…and well….me. Not relying on anyone else…no one to point fingers at when shit goes wrong except that broad in the mirror.


V enjoyed it….but he’s my boy through and through….full of ideas of ways to improve things but you can only do what you yourself are capable of in a situation like that. He wants to do it again…and hung on like a champ as the youngest participant at the festival this year…go V!


Meeting both my brothers in the AM and V is going to run with us.  Happy Saturday all!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails