Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Running Faster...My Way

So I’m doing it….going faster. Funny how when one puts ones mind to something….things start to happen. Can it possibly be that easy? Mind over matter if you will. Look at these times and you decide.



I made my Bitching Running post on June 24th…..these are my runs since then.


6/24- 5 miles, time- 48:10, average pace- 9:37


6/26 (long run experiment) 8 miles, time-1:23:27, average pace – 10:26


6/29- 5 miles, time- 47:53, average pace- 9:34 *middle of the day, crazy hot*


7/1- 5.04 miles, time 46:47, average pace- 9:16


I didn’t put in my run on that Sunday because I ran while Tinky biked…so I couldn’t really average that in. I have to say that I’ve never clocked a 9:16 mile in my life let alone hold it for 5 miles…..and my average long run pace is easily up into the high 11 minute miles. It’s hard…and totally kicking my ass..but I’m doing it.


So here’s what I’ve learned. For me….doing everything by the book, magazine, blog, etc…as far as getting faster is concerned….has NOT worked for me. I did all my research…mapped out the intervals…drug my ass to the track..ran those hills….fartleked….blah blah freakin blah…and none of it got me much if any faster. What is working is making the conscious decision that I am going to run FASTER because I KNOW I can. Accepting the fact that it’s going to suck for awhile….and it’s going to hurt….but lord knows I’m not afraid of hard work and pain is temporary. So I’m going to keep doing this….until it’s my new normal pace…and then maybe I’ll work at dropping it again.


In other amazing news….my brothers have BOTH agreed to start running with me on this coming Sunday!!! We have never done anything like this before. Both of them are in pretty decent shape. Paul is a weightlifter…big ass boy….gym rat…but has never run..doesn’t think he can…but I KNOW he can. Bruce has a very physical job and has amazing muscle tone naturally..played football in highschool…did track but never any kind of distance and certainly no running. So if all goes as planed…I now will have Sunday boys instead of my Sunday girls. I can’t WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails