Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Running with Brothers...and Dom.

What an amazing morning!!! I actually got to sleep till 7 am which is HUGE for me…HA!



I woke Dom up at around 7:30 because we were due to pick up Paul around 8:15. I wasn’t sure if Bruce was going to bail because I texted him last night with no response. But after I picked Paul up, he texted back and we headed over to his house. We decided to head down to the lake in hopes that it would be cooler….well that was a flippin bust because it was already almost 80 degrees and heading up.


So we got down there and I gave them my new runners spiel and we headed out. We walked for a couple minutes and I hit the Garmin and we started running. Before I could blink we were already at 2.5 minutes and I called a walk. But that’s what we did for 3.75 miles….2.5 walking and 2.5 running. Crazy good for their first time out. Dom hung in there and everyone was wooped by the time we were done. We did take a break on the way back and threw Brian in the lake…which he was none too happy about…but it cooled his crazy little ass off.


Here is the photographic evidence….don’t I have some beautiful specimens for siblings?
According to Paul..at his age..which is like 30 or something..you need to stretch before you run...little bitch.
Bruce...wondering what he got himself into.

One of Dominic's beautiful photos of Lake Michigan.
Hittin the fountain...post run...feelin like hell.
Dom...I cut his hair when we got home..and Uncle Bruce.
Me and my 'little' brother eh?  Nothing like a little testosterone in the morning.
And maybe a bit more testosterone?  This SOB doesn't even work out.

So there is our first of I hope MANY Sunday morning reports.  They did fantastic and it felt all warm and fuzzy to run with them.  We passed a dude by the marina who commented on the 'fit family'.  Hmm...there was me....a pre-teen boy..and two grown men...wonder which one he thought was my husband..and which was my 'other' kid?

Have a great fourth everyone...I'm going to make potato salad.

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails