Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sucky Summer Running

I’ll take sub zero temperatures to run in over this garbage any day of the week. What a disgusting mess…yuk. I left work an hour early because…well…this morning…the run just wasn’t happening. Which is weird in itself because usually…regardless of how little I’ve slept…and folks…that can be darn little…I can usually pull myself out of bed and run. But this morning…not so much. Anyways…I changed into running clothes and left work an hour early to make up for my morning sloth. It was ugly, nasty and hot. And Lake Andrea has NO shade to make it better. But but but!!! I was still able to maintain a pace of under 10 minute miles…I’m really getting there I think…even if it was a crazy struggle today.



So in the morning…Skip and I are packing up the offspring and heading up to Florence, WI for a 4 day camping trip that I’m sure we’ll regret. And when I say camping…I mean the most rustic of camping..as in I rented a freakin air conditioned cabin and told the kids they could pitch a tent outside if they wanted. It’s on a beautiful lake and hopefully they’ll have good places to run. I’m thinking of swapping out my long run day again this week. Not sure what to do now though because I’ve now maintained the sub 10’s for the whole 8 miles. Do I increase the mileage and lower the pace slightly? Or keep doing the 8 miles at sub 10’s till it doesn’t suck anymore. Thoughts?


Anyways….I don’t think the place has WiFi so I’m outta here till Sunday or so. Hope everyone has a great week and sending out big kisses to the Tahoe area for no reason at all.

4 comments:

  1. So jealous of your sub-10 miles - but no suggestion on what to do regarding increasing the mileage!

    Have a great time on your camping trip!

    Is there a specific event you are training for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I know all about the yuck. Read my blog post from today. I still feel like crap. Have a good time camping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    No specific event...just bitchin running and getting my brothers going. I won't start actual marathon training till early winter..just playing with pace and numbers till then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a great trip!! I'll be tent camping next month...should be a mosquito bonanza after all the rain and humidity! Speaking of humidity...this summer is the worst for running. The absolute worst. I keep cursing the fact that I can't run at lunch anymore with my new job, but then remember that there's no way I could possibly run at high noon anyway! Running at 6am is hard enough??? Anyway, I'm withya sistah. But awesome job on the sub 10s!!! I think the answer to your last question depends on your state of mind. Continuing to do the same thing is good practice, but maybe your mind could use a switch up...exercise those brain muscles! I say go for 9 and see if you can maintain the sub 10s. You can always head back down.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails