Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

So 5 miles at 12 degrees…and it wasn’t bad. The roads still have quite a bit of ice and snow…..but I did manage to stay upright this time. I was talking to Skip last night after I got back and was telling him that running in 12 degrees, for me, is really no more unpleasant then running in say 80 degrees. You warm up really quick all things considered. I left my house around 5:30 pm and it was hovering around 10 plus degrees. I wore a tank top, long sleeve tech shirt, light running jacket, headbandearmuff thing, running shorts and lined mens athletic pants that I love for winter and was comfortable. It’s always strange trying to dress when the weather starts to turn because I really don’t remember from one year to the next how to do it….you know…how much to wear at certain degreeage. But it comes back pretty quick.


On the foot front. I am sort of undecided if it’s healed. It felt good on the run…and I had decided to decide later if I was going to have it x-rayed again…until I got home and dropped a 10 pound bag of frozen calico beans on it. I think I’m going to talk it over with Foster when I get to work and go ahead and have it x-rayed. I have to know….for sure..otherwise I’m going to over analyze every little thing throughout this training session and drive myself and everyone else nuts. I have truly managed to change my running form to a midfoot strike and am almost to the point of not having to think about it most of the time…so it is possible to do. Running barefoot for the last few months has done that for me. I’m planning on getting some gravel pretty quick here and starting my gravel marching to keep my soles conditioned until spring and after the marathon…but I’m not going to dink with anything else until then. I need to stay injury free.


So lil T lost one of her front teeth last night….she looks awesome. I expect the other one will be coming out shortly. I love this age…and taking her to school and seeing all the other little toothless monkeys running around. Good stuff.


I need to get ready for work. We’ve been buried and I’m feeling some holiday burnout already..it should slow down a little bit but I’m happy to see some of our big companies bouncing back and hiring again….and I love to hear the stories of my patients that have been laid off for long periods of time so excited to be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails