Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fx Free is Me

So I talked with Dr. F this morning…..it went something like this.


Me~ Dr. F…will you order me an outpatient x-ray on my left foot if I promise to go to ortho if it’s fractured?


Dr. F~ Maybe I should look at it first.


We sat down in between patients and I told him my stupid foot history including dropping the frozen bag of beans on it. I told him about my barefoot running and he didn’t even bat an eye. That’s one of the MANY things I adore about this man….his ability to not judge or at least not hassle me about it. He gets it…..he’s a two time marathoner himself so he understands the running part…and he’s cool enough not to flip about the barefoot thing because that’s just how he rolls….and I don’t think it hurts that his son has been dabbling in it as well.


It’s not fractured. I know I’m freaky about starting my marathon training but I just need to pay close attention and listen to my body. I’m undecided about my long run tomorrow. Maybe I’ll just head out and see how it feels. Listen to your body…as the good Doctor says. Ease back in and if it’s still wonky…back off. Words to live by folks…words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails