Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation



~RZA~

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Waiting, Not Running

So it’s been over a week…it was actually a week on Saturday…since I ran..barefoot or otherwise. I am pretty much pain free for a few days so baring any weird relapse..I plan to test out the foot this coming Saturday. In spite of thinking this 2 weeks off would drive me crazy…it’s been ok. Every time I get itchy to go…I remind myself that a little *or a lot* of self restraint is a good thing…that I’m not in training yet..and to just relax and let my body work it’s magic and heal. And if Saturday doesn’t go well…then another week it is. It’s not like I don’t have a TON of stuff to do. I haven’t been inactive though. I’ve been doing my Tae-bo to the tune of 5 times a week with at least one 1.5 hour session to substitute my longrun. So hopefully getting back into running won’t be a huge issue. I took 6 weeks off two summers ago and came back bulletproof…so this shouldn’t be bad. I still haven’t hammered out the marathon plan…but I’ll get there..it’ll keep.



It’s hard to believe that Christmas is right around the corner. I love this time of year…this particular holiday doesn’t bring me much stress…just joy. The first Sunday in Advent was this past Sunday and like my parents before me…we celebrate each Sunday with a special desert, lighting the candle on the wreath…and doing some reading and reflecting. This was lil T’s week and she picked cupcakes….red velvet. Dominic has next week but he hasn’t clued me in as to what I’ll be making for his week. Skip won’t be with us as he is leaving for D.C. that morning…or maybe it’s the following week..hmmm.


Our Christmas tree is a total Charlie Brown get up. It’s funny because before I married Skip….I was an absolute psycho about my tree. White lights, silver ornaments, silver beads and burgundy colored bows…that was it. When the kids started making ornaments at school I hid them on the back of the tree where no one could see…that’s right…hid them. Isn’t that awful? It had to be perfect. I also threw a HUGE drunken bash which included a punch that could put someone on their ass in 2 cups. I don’t do either of those things anymore. Two years ago Skip went out and bought a fake tree that already had white lights on it…the thing is both ugly and sad..so dressing it up was like putting lipstick on a pig. Now our tree is a hodgepodge of homemade ornaments…hung by the children…and I couldn’t be happier…although a few of my beauties still make it on the tree…if there’s room.


I hope everyone’s having a great week and here’s to Christmas being stress free and wonderful for all of those that need to be stress free and full of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails